• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found an awesome padlock! Let's see yours too!

daddydigger

Forum Supporter
Howdy diggers,

I was MDing at an 1874 house and found an AWESOME padlock. It says "E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter." I did some research and this lock was made between 1900 and 1940. Apparently, the Keen Kutter company made all kinds of hardware and kitchenware and I guess it's quite collectable now. The lock is in the shape of their company logo which depicts the tooth of a saw cutting through wood!

I know you guys have also found really cool locks, so feel free to post them to this thread! Best wishes and HH. Thanks for looking, Dave.

Attachments

• IMG_0168_1.jpg
    IMG_0168_1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,011
  • IMG_0167_1.jpg
    IMG_0167_1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 881
Thats a neat padlock! I have found a few over the years but my camera is broken at the moment. Maybe I'll post pics later when I get it fixed. Congrats!!

Those things are killer. I can't believe how good of shape it's in. Would be cool to have a key made for it. WTG !!

Here is one I found awhile back . Late 1800's Brass " Scandinavian " style lock # 5 .

Attachments

• Lock2jpg.JPG
    Lock2jpg.JPG
    10.1 KB · Views: 702
Howdy diggers,

I was MDing at an 1874 house and found an AWESOME padlock. It says "E.C. Simmons Keen Kutter." I did some research and this lock was made between 1900 and 1940. Apparently, the Keen Kutter company made all kinds of hardware and kitchenware and I guess it's quite collectable now. The lock is in the shape of their company logo which depicts the tooth of a saw cutting through wood!

I know you guys have also found really cool locks, so feel free to post them to this thread! Best wishes and HH. Thanks for looking, Dave.

I found one in Peabody, Ks but it was not in that good of shape. Gave mine to Redd as he collect's them. Congrats! Nice find!

Kool Keen Kutter lock! here are a couple of mine that I kept. The newer styles I have recycled as scrap. I put the dime in for a size ref.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 649
Found this one about 2 months ago

Attachments

• IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_0934.JPG
    IMG_0934.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 578