Ace 250 better than Prizm II or III??

Keth

I have a DFX but want to get my son a detector so we can enjoy hunting together. Heard lots of great things about the Ace 250 but consider myself a "White's" guy. Looking at the pricing of the Ace and the Prism II and III they seem about similar. Can anyone who has used both make a case that the Ace is much better than the Prism for the same dollar amount. I will go with whatever gets me the most bang for the buck but since I love my DFX I am leaning towards the Prism because of White's customer service yet tons of people love the Ace 250. Give me the skinny gang and don't hold back!

Appreciate any feedback you can provide. Tony in CT perhaps you could chime in as you are a dealer for both I believe.

Thanks,
Keth

I know it's a bit more than the detectors you mentioned, but have you considered an M6 ?

Excellent turn on and go machine, and it shares the same coils as your DFX.
It's a machine your son can grow with, as well as being a more than adequate backup to your DFX if he tires of MD'ing.

I can't answer about the White's machines. I have purchased 2 Ace 250's as gifts for the wife and a nephew. I have no complaints, and am pleased with the amount of features vs. cost of the units. They do perform well. They are nowhere close to my Explorer, but that wasn't the idea behind their purchase. They were a decent machine for a decent price, that would enable someone to get started in the hobby with above average potential in the equipment.

Right now the Ace250 is the best starter detector I know of. The Prizm II and III will pinpoint better right off the bat but are not as deep. The III is no more than a II with a depth indicator for 100.00 more. Iwould go with the Ace250 for your puposes. Let me know if I can help you with anything else. :yes:

Thanks all. I will take a look at the Ace for my son. Appreciate the feedback.

Question! I have a Ace250 and it is a good detector,trying to save up for alittle bit better one. Tony tells me that a Prizm IV would be a step up to the Ace250. My question is don't all Prizm's have the same depth capabiltiy just some having more features. So what makes the Prizm IV a step up to the Ace250 if the Ace250 goes deeper than the Prizm's. Thanks! Steve.

Good point Ski though the IV and V do have the bigger 950 coil as standard which does give a little more depth on some sites.

We in the U.K. get the 9.5 coil as standard with the top Prizm's. I just can't get excited about the more expensive models as they are just not good value for money here for what you pay to add a couple of features. On good ground the larger coil added a little depth while on bad it can reduce it. Use of the ground exclude trimmer can really improve performance but its not intended to stand up to much use. Until they do a revamp and sort that out I would avoid the top Prizm's as there's far better value out there. The M6 that Rudy mentions does cost more but delivers in all round performance.

Back
Top Bottom