It's cancer! IT'S NOT GOOD! NEW UPDATE!!! -- See Latest Post!

Well after a rocky start this morning trying to get to the clinic to get the massive bandage off -- fighting with stubborn chickens who refused to budge at the transportation because of ice on the roads and accidents -- they picked me up at home this morning and took me to the location of another van to take me on to the clinic but it didn't happen. The first van took me back home -- wasted a dollar for nothing.

THEN at 11 am I called their office and said it is NOW above freezing (pushing 40 deg) and wanted to know if they were going to brave the weather and go at all today. Yes, they decided they would "risk" sending the afternoon van so I hurried back to the location of pick up (didn't come get me this time). And I finally got to go to the clinic -- got there about 3:00 p.m. After all was said and done I was on my way home again by 4:00 p.m.

The massive bandage is gone and in its place is a flatter more friendly bandage (if I can just manage to keep it on for a week and a half until December 29 to have IT removed and the stitches as well). The tape doesn't want to stick.

I did get to see what they did to my face and truthfully -- I'm appalled at it. It does look hideous to me -- however according to the doctors and nurses it SHOULD improve after many months (hopefully). Unfortunately, I don't want to wait that long! I took a picture and if I post it, there will be a WARNING for the "squimish" who might not be able to "stomach" the appearance of my face! I will definitely NEVER look the same again. And I'm not a happy camper!

The doctor did say that he thought it looked "good" but if this is good then I definitely don't want to see what "BAD" would look like!

I didn't get home until after 7 p.m. Been making fruitcakes -- had to take my frustration out on something!

Next Appointment: December 29, 2016

Stitches and the bandage to be removed. Don't know if I will have a new bandage or not. So far the face and shoulder feel pretty fair (not much pain, thankfully) just hope all is going well. Appetite down and no energy but I can live with that.

The Cancer Is Gone! Cancer Free! BUT. . . . . .

The doctor wants to take another 2cm on the lower edge below the graft. He said the policy is to take a full 5cm AROUND the entire cancer when removing it. According to pathology, although ALL the cancer has been removed, it was noted that only 3cm was removed on the lower edge below the cancer. So he thinks he should remove the "2cm" to insure the cancer won't come back in that area.

I'm not against more surgery but MY question is "Why didn't he get the full 5cm all the way around the cancer in the first surgery?"

I'm healing slowly. It's starting to look better. The stitches are out -- but there are plenty of tiny scabs etc. It's going to take a LONG time to heal but I will get back out and detect soon. I have a ski mask I made. :D

Here are a couple pictures of the recent surgery. First one was 1 day after the surgery, second one was 5 days after surgery (yuck) and the last one was taken yesterday (14 days after surgery) -- just after the stitches came out. One other picture showing my new ski mask - not the best but if it will keep the sun off my face I'll use it. Might not be so good for warmer weather! :?:

Attachments

• 161215_0007.jpg
    161215_0007.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 161220_0001.jpg
    161220_0001.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 80
  • 161229_0002.jpg
    161229_0002.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 161230_0002.jpg
    161230_0002.jpg