Surf Forcast

dewcon

Quality Control Expert
Is any one using Surfinfo ... https://www.swellinfo.com/surf-forecast/venice-florida as for information? Its been all whacky for some time now. I noticed the most current date is Jul 2.... yet it will give the high and low tides for today. I saw they had an app.... paid app..... wonder if they have kind of shut us off? Ive checked by my computer and phones..... same issue with out dated info. I really like the swell info it was giving....... anyone got something similar or know why this isnt working?

...but, nothing beats a look at the live beach cam. b4 heading out
DL
Agreed! Sometimes the apps will indicate acceptable conditions "flat, 0-1" and when I get there before sunrise it's rough. Had I seen the beach can I would've made another choice.

I use swellinfo as well, it has been a bit strange lately, but the funniest thing is to see the big "Bummer, no surf, go fishing" on the screen.

Windy........ doesnt tell me what id like to know how larger those swells are going to be. You cant get much info at 4am from a web cam. I like to plan my hunts in advance. Know the info swellinfo was giving i had a better idea when to hunt and WHERE. Best thing thus far as a replacement for my local beach is .. https://magicseaweed.com/Venice-Beach-Surf-Report/58/ BUT ...... on swellinfo i could plug in other beaches a couple of hours away. Who wants to drive 2 hours just to get than and dry sand hunt if you intended to water hunt with a friend?

I use magic seaweed and windy along with local tide charts. Course you seem to find a hell of a lot more yellow so I guess I'll check out this swell info site:lol:

Dewey that was my go to site as well. There is a forum on that site where there is an entire thread about it being down. Seems like there is no rush to get it back online so I"m thinking we need to find another tool. :(

Deb.....that magic seaweed isnt to bad. It has the basic info.... but not nearly as well laid out and i dont think you can switch which beach. I read the forum/thread on it.... they didnt seem real happy either. I guessing..... but they do have a PAY FOR APP .... wonder if they just shut down us free guys?

Back
Top Bottom