detecting the shallows at juno beach

bxlarry

I can't seem to get a straight answer as whether or not I can detect the shallow water in Juno Beach. I am heading up there this Monday July 8. Everything south seems to sanded in

I can't seem to get a straight answer as whether or not I can detect the shallow water in Juno Beach.....

Turn your question around the other way : Is there some reason why you think you CAN'T detect that beach ? :?: After all, you need to go find the ring your wife lost there last week after all. :cool3:

But seriously: Unless you have seen a rule that says "no md'ing", then presto: Not prohibited. If you've searched park rules (eg.: no fireworks, closes at sunset, dogs-on-leash, etc....), and you didn't see anything about md'ing: Then ... presto, it's silent on the issue, thus not disallowed. You don't need an "express allowance".

If Juno Beach is within the Treasure Coast you may not. Only wet sand.

The term ....ignorance of the law is no excuse there Tom. Not everywhere is as forgiving as in Calf apparently....and some law enforcement may not agree with the ...it’s easy to ask for forgiveness than permission.

detecting the water

still don't know if I can detect in the shallow water in Juno Beach. All this talk about leases, who owns the water rights. Palm Beach county can't even give me a straight answer. Think I'll ask the life guards when I get there

Juno Beach is not part of the Treasure Coast. From the maps I have seen, the TC ends at Jupiter Inlet. Life guards gave me the green light a couple miles north of the pier.

You can detect Juno. I have detected there many times. If it's calm you can detect the water. There is no problem at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The term ....ignorance of the law is no excuse....

If it's true that there is a "law" , then my post clearly covered that. My post explicitly referred to if there's NO law. Hence the pithy saying "ignorance of the law..." does not apply. If ... in fact ...there were a law.

Also, as you can see in the subsequent posts by charly and slider : No law. Thus no pithy sayings to apply here.

If there IS a law, then by all-means, obey. But all I was saying is: If there's no "law", then presto: Not prohibited. Thus having nothing to do with the pithy saying.

Juno Beach is not part of the Treasure Coast. From the maps I have seen, the TC ends at Jupiter Inlet. Life guards gave me the green light a couple miles north of the pier.

Believe it or not life guards have me permission to detect in the water South of the inlet. That's right at the inlet. I detected in the water but didn't have any luck.

Florida has a high tide law....anything above that line is private property. Condos are normally ok as long as you give people their space. As for private rental homes are ok...but the big non-rentals I'd stay clear. I've never had anyone complain but those that stopped to "talk" I've shown them the pouch of garbage and told them I'm cleaning the beach.....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Believe it or not life guards have me permission to detect in the water South of the inlet. That's right at the inlet. I detected in the water but didn't have any luck.

I've detect the same beach. There is a shipwreck a couple hundred yards off the coast and did see a document that said a permit is required at that location but I don't know about it at the time and if the salvage permit ended or not.

Life guard also gave me a green light.

The best I have done there is like a $1 in change.

And note: The only reason "life guards" can give "permission" and/or "green lights" is : Because it's not disallowed. Thus .... technically, .... not even their permission or green-lights were needed.

There is a shipwreck there at the inlet.

There is a shipwreck there at the inlet. ...

a "shipwreck" alone, does not constitute 'off-limits', necessarily. Heck, I bet there's not a mile of shoreline, anywhere in the USA, that doesn't have "shipwrecks" along it. Where I'm at, it's not unusual to see ship-ribbings sticking up, out of the sand, after beach-erosion. From past beached boats/ships.

I recognize that ... sure ... some of the fabled Florida ones *could* be different. But only if specifically stated-as-so (ie.: an actual law or rule). But to simply know that there was/is "ship-wrecks" along a section of coast, does not, in-&-of-itself, mean "off-limits" or "need approval", etc....

Larry,

Mike and I have been there several times. Each time the waves were fairly intense so getting wet was not an option. The beach left of the pier is kind of steep. We found the wet sand productive and worth the 100 mile trip.

As far as the line of demarcation at the south end of the "Treasure Coast" restriction, I was told it ended at the south inlet of Jupitor. I would ask around before jumping in.

Like I said the wet gives it up so I can just imagine what waist deep at LT could bring.....Good luck...Gil

postponed trip to Juno

pouring rain and lighting kept me from heading to Juno. I'll try again later this week.
Thanks all for the feedback

Turn your question around the other way : Is there some reason why you think you CAN'T detect that beach ? :?: After all, you need to go find the ring your wife lost there last week after all. :cool3:

But seriously: Unless you have seen a rule that says "no md'ing", then presto: Not prohibited. If you've searched park rules (eg.: no fireworks, closes at sunset, dogs-on-leash, etc....), and you didn't see anything about md'ing: Then ... presto, it's silent on the issue, thus not disallowed. You don't need an "express allowance".

That lost ring excuse actually works in places it may be illegal to hunt in. All they can do is tell you know. Sadly some of those places are full of pulltabs and eat up most of your time. You can fill a pouch full enough it won't zip up in a place close by me. Never did find the ring:lol:

Forgot to add. We got a military base. You can walk right in front of it at the ocean. You walk up high you can't take a picture of your wife at an angle of the base. Walk down low and you can take a picture. They don't want to get sued messing with you at low tide:lol:

Back
Top Bottom