Reducing quote text.

k2gleaner

Elite Member
I notice this on many forums and am only doing this for those that may not know how it works.

When you see something in someone’s post that you wish to quote - maybe it’s just a sentence that’s part of a much larger post - you don’t have to quote the whole post. When you click quote, you’ll see it above the area where you are about to type. On the website, just click anywhere in the text, and delete what you don’t want. Just make sure you leave everything in the [quote...] and [/quote...] at the beginning and end of the quote intact!

If I’m quoting a portion of a post, I usually add “...” at the beginning and end of it to indicate more was said.

In Tapatalk, you actually have to click “edit” before you can directly edit the post.

I’m no expert and just want to help those that would like to know. There’s always some that new help with posting images - on ALL forums - so Im putting this out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On another forum I visit that has nothing to do with metal detecting you can highlight the portion of a post you want to reply to and when you click "quote" it only copies that portion to your reply. Way better.

Thanks for posting this. Ive wanted to many times when reading theads with huge post being quoted.

I admit I struggle reading a long post, I just loose interest, especially when the sentence structure is poor or paragraphs are not used.

It gets worse when it is quoted I its entirety. Lol

Back
Top Bottom