• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Gotta Hang Up The Coil

Belangers

Elite Member
Sad but true:( I start school on Monday and since it will be full time, I doubt I will be out as much. However, I will be poking my nose in the forums when I get the chance, so keep posting all your finds! Oh, by the way...I am going back to school to get my welding certification. Maybe I will have time on the weekends...but I doubt it:(

good luck! what kinda welding are you getting your cert in? im certified for anything from submersible arc to aluminum tig. wanted to make a career out of it but there are very few good paying welding jobs here in IN...seems IN is the worst place to try and find a welding job. last welding job i had was 8 years ago when i built communication towers using flux core and before that i was a tig welder,made after market radiators and oil coolers for race cars..loved doing both but neither paid well.

I hope the course goes well and you get your certificate.
The only welding I've ever done is on mild steel (oxy-acetylene), and that was at college about 40yrs ago.

Do try to get out if possible, you need some time to wind down and relax.

I never can get a nice bead when I weld,so I call my welding 'Gorrilla welds'.

************Strong but ugly********:)

Thank you all for the kind replies! As for what kind of welding, I am going for the whole nine yards. Oxy-Acetylene...TIG...ARC...MIG & Flux Core ARC. Gonna take about a year to knock the whole course out & become certified:( However, I am doing this for 2 reasons, 1. my family deserves a better life and 2. I love working with metal! I will be posting random updates in the future!

Back
Top Bottom