My first Coinstar silver

Foragist

Forum Supporter
I was just going to wait in the truck while my passenger went into WLMRT to get something, but then I remembered the Coinstar is in there. So I walk right up, swipe 2 coins out of the reject tray, and walk right out. I knew one was a dime, but wasn't sure about the other. When I looked at them outside, I could tell Rosie was silver. Yep. 1954. Nice! The other coin resembles a seated liberty dime, but it was slightly bigger, a little different looking, and I could make out some foreign lettering, and then the year 1937. I looked it up later. French Indochina ten centimes coin. Last year this coin was made. 0.68 silver. Twice as nice! My first CS silver take is a double!
I would not be checking the CS machines if I didn't see the good stuff others post here on FMDF. Had my doubts, but now I believe!

Attachments

• DSCN8324.jpg
    DSCN8324.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCN8323.jpg
    DSCN8323.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 169
Two awesome coins to find in the reject tray! Congrats! The coinstars here have dried up majorly, someone else, or multiple else’s are beating me to the goods!

I am still looking. So far one clad dime and dirt crumbs.
You did very well.

George,

Keep it up brother. A hint, go to the coinstars in the less affluent areas near your home. There more people cashing in their coins more often. also make friends with clerks at liquor stores and tell them you give them the wholesale value of a silver coin and old coins. typically 60% off the red book value or melt value for more recent silver coins.

Score! Man! Both of those woulda been killer dirt finds...just walking in and harvesting silver rejects is the payback for a lot of dry hunts!

Thanks peoples! Google tells me there is a Coinstar in a supermarket grocery store I was at yesterday too. Well now I know where they are around here. I don't really like going into these big box stores much, but now there's a new-to-me fun thing to do there.

Thanks peoples! Google tells me there is a Coinstar in a supermarket grocery store I was at yesterday too. Well now I know where they are around here. I don't really like going into these big box stores much, but now there's a new-to-me fun thing to do there.

It is a lot of fun hunting the parking lots too! The snowpiles and whatnot! eyeballing for coins and blings!

I feel as if picking coins out of the reject tray is akin to picking them off the floor or out of the parking lot....abandoned and now MINE!:lol:
That’s using all the tricks man,it’s what we do! Congrats on gettin’ lucky!

Back
Top Bottom