Equinox update ,....check your target ID numbers...

ohiochris

Elite Member
I updated today and went out for a short while to test. I didnt put enough time into it to confirm whether this is a fluke or a new reality , but pennies read consistently like clad dimes and clad dimes read consistently like silver dimes. With the limited time I gave it on actual in ground finds ( park 1 ) , it kinda looks like the software change may have altered the TID's slightly. This was not the occasional bounce to a higher number it was pretty consistent.

Maybe I am crazy and I will test it more later , but it was odd. Two pennies found and dug that ID'd consistently as clad dime 25-26 , and two clad dimes found and dug that ID'd consistently as silver dime 26-27 occasional bounce to 28. I dug and confirmed only 4 targets , 2 pennies and two dimes , both reading higher than they normally do.

I have the 600 with the update. Went out this morning to try it out. Got a solid 39 and it was three quarters on top of each other.

With the update, was out for a mere 40 minutes this morning in a park setting about 100 × 20 ft. that is still producing.
Park 2, Sens at 18. Dug three clad quarters, none deeper than 5 inches, all came in at 30/31, and one 1967 Rosie, a very solid 25.

FYI .. before any updates, copper pennies usually always hit on 25. When I dug that dime this morning, the signal was so solid I called it a penny before I dug it. The surprise increase measured in percentages was 900% .. ..

I updated today and went out for a short while to test. I didnt put enough time into it to confirm whether this is a fluke or a new reality , but pennies read consistently like clad dimes and clad dimes read consistently like silver dimes. With the limited time I gave it on actual in ground finds ( park 1 ) , it kinda looks like the software change may have altered the TID's slightly. This was not the occasional bounce to a higher number it was pretty consistent.

Maybe I am crazy and I will test it more later , but it was odd. Two pennies found and dug that ID'd consistently as clad dime 25-26 , and two clad dimes found and dug that ID'd consistently as silver dime 26-27 occasional bounce to 28. I dug and confirmed only 4 targets , 2 pennies and two dimes , both reading higher than they normally do.

Those are the same numbers I get in Park 2 without update,
Clad quarters hit 29-30 It will be interesting to see if they change when I update.

Could have just been the way the cookies crumbled during the short time I had to test it. :lol:

But it was just odd to see two of each come out of the ground with such a stable consistent higher number value. Ive dug a "bajillion " dimes and pennies since i got the nox and I hadnt seen things fall that way yet. Im entering the beginning of my work week so no time to get back out there for a few days.

Based on the reports I've seen, numbers are pretty much the same as before the update. But, if they are more stable with less bouncing, that would be an improvement.

I really like Equinox 800. I updated today the TID are still too cramped. Deep wheats/clad dimes/silver dimes.. all read out as 26/27/28.

It’s almost like I’m running the deus with ID Norm “on” everything is crammed into 90-98.

You would think zincs would be 20- Cooper pennies 25 dimes 30 , quarters 34 Silvers half’s 38 and big ole Morgan’s 40.. Nope! :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom