• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Help with bottle ID

yacorie

Elite Member
This one was found in Ohio and I haven't been able to find any information on it.

This is all I have for pictures right now but could ask my brother to take different ones if they are needed since the bottle is still in Ohio where I found it.

The bottom numbers appear to be 859 or B59 and on the side it appears to be an overlapping T and S.

Attachments

• 2018030895234208.jpg
    2018030895234208.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 209
  • 2018030895234225.jpg
    2018030895234225.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 222
Your liquor flask most likely was from the Diamond Glass Co. of Royersford, Pa. according to the website linked below (scroll down a little). The "766" probably refers to the catalog number (style) of the bottle. It is possible the bottle may be from the Illinois Glass Co. of Alton, Ill. c1915-1929. Due to prohibition, it's most likely actually from c1915-1920. According to the afforementioned website, there is confusion between these companies that both used a diamond logo. I don't know what company the S-T represents but there were many back then.

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/diamond-i-or-i-inside-a-diamond-mark-seen-on-antique-bottles/

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. I had looked through that website and never saw the information about the numbers inside the diamond. Digging deeper into your link and reading the PDFs, it seems pretty certain that this bottle was made for an independent; now to see if I can figure out who used the TS symbol like that.

Thanks again for your help.

Thank you for the information. I had looked through that website and never saw the information about the numbers inside the diamond. Digging deeper into your link and reading the PDFs, it seems pretty certain that this bottle was made for an independent; now to see if I can figure out who used the TS symbol like that.

Thanks again for your help.

Anytime.

Back
Top Bottom