Impact,deus or f75ltd2

woodbutcher

Forum Supporter
I'm looking to purchase a fast machine for some fields getting ready to be harvested.Ive ran the deus and f75ltd2,,but not a impact.So my question is really what can the impact do that the f75ltd2 and deus can't?
I will use it for yards and open spaces that are pretty trashed out with a 150 years of iron and modern trash too,along with the fields getting ready to open up.Im curious about hands on target ID,is the impact better at visual ID than the deus and f75ltd2? Is it just as good at separation,will it get 8 inches depth without sounding like iron on nonferrous targets?
Anyone who wants to chime in feel free,I'm looking for answers as to what I might gain if anything with a impact for my type of hunting.Im mostly a coin shooter but I like anything old and cool too.THANKS

What the XP Deus and Impact will give you is multiple frequency capability, wireless head phone capability an updatable system by downloading updates . The XP Deus will give you an extra additional pointer that runs through the XP system, the pointer can be listened to through the wireless head phones and adjusted through the remote plus 2 different multi high frequency HF coils suited for gold hunting since you are deciding with the F75 ltd2 which was a gold oriented version.
In saying that I don't have experience with the F75 or impact.I am looking to buy a used Makro racer 2 and missed one here but if I have to buy new, the Impact will be my next choice.I am also sitting on the fence whether to see about the new Minelab machine or spend the money for the new Aka intronik.:?:

Woodbutcher
I have been running the Impact exclusively and sold my ATP and Etrac (not because of the Impact but because of divorce) and I have not been happier.
If you want a fast machine, this is it. if you want laser discrimination and separation there is no equal. If you want a deep machine, It depends on the mode you choose, your soil and there are 12 different search modes that can be customized and saved. All of the "All metal" modes on this machine are super deep. I recently got to run a Deus. The VID on Deus didn't work for me here in CT.the Id numbers were all over the map. The Impact is an audio and ID killer here especially because you have 3 frequencies to work with. The ID scale is wonderful and similar to my ATP. They spread the IDs along a wide scale unlike Deus did. I'm glad I bought this machine with the Pro Package. The tiny coil is a godsend in parks and square nail infested sites here. If you want accurate target IDs and separation like no other machine, Impact will deliver. Just my :my2cents:

When it comes to the Impact, the Pro Pack, at about $1000US, is still less expensive than even a used Deus. It comes with…

Waterproof 11x7'' DD Search Coil
Waterproof 7.5x4'' DD Search Coil
Stand
USB Cable
Headphones
Carrying Bag
AC & Car Charger
Protective Covers (for the machine)
Extra Lower Shaft
4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries

What isn't listed is that the coils come with protective covers as well.

Lastly, I believe its wireless function is compatible with regular Bluetooth headphones, so you don't HAVE to spend the extra $120 or so on the Impact-branded ones if you don't want to.

The best YT channel to see it action (that's in English, at least) if you're interested, is called "Darnell Hello World Metal Detecting Williams."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Woodbutcher
I have been running the Impact exclusively and sold my ATP and Etrac (not because of the Impact but because of divorce) and I have not been happier.
If you want a fast machine, this is it. if you want laser discrimination and separation there is no equal. If you want a deep machine, It depends on the mode you choose, your soil and there are 12 different search modes that can be customized and saved. All of the "All metal" modes on this machine are super deep. I recently got to run a Deus. The VID on Deus didn't work for me here in CT.the Id numbers were all over the map. The Impact is an audio and ID killer here especially because you have 3 frequencies to work with. The ID scale is wonderful and similar to my ATP. They spread the IDs along a wide scale unlike Deus did. I'm glad I bought this machine with the Pro Package. The tiny coil is a godsend in parks and square nail infested sites here. If you want accurate target IDs and separation like no other machine, Impact will deliver. Just my :my2cents:

Thanks for the in depth response,that's what I was looking for.Ive owned the deus and the f75ltd2,each brought something to the table but both have a very unstable target ID..That's something I try to rely on,along with audio before I dig.Sounds like the impact is a great choice!
I've watched a few Hoover boys videos on the impact,,impressive

Woodbutcher
What sold me on the Impact was the accurate IDs and adjustable audio and tone breaks in certain modes just as you desire. The built in wireless and headphones are also off the chart. There is as much to this machine as far as adjustability as the DEUS except it is a lot more user friendly and works better. Only experience will be able to show you.

Thanks for the in depth response,that's what I was looking for.Ive owned the deus and the f75ltd2,each brought something to the table but both have a very unstable target ID..That's something I try to rely on,along with audio before I dig.Sounds like the impact is a great choice!
I've watched a few Hoover boys videos on the impact,,impressive

^^^ Stop saying these things!

I just got out of the doghouse, and would like to spend a few weeks in good graces!

Note to self, DO NOT PRICE SHOP AN IMPACT!

It's not compatible with bluetooth headphones, only 2.4 GHZ wireless which is 10 times faster in response with 0 lag time. Bluetooth has huge lag.

When it comes to the Impact, the Pro Pack, at about $1000US, is still less expensive than even a used Deus. It comes with…

Waterproof 11x7'' DD Search Coil
Waterproof 7.5x4'' DD Search Coil
Stand
USB Cable
Headphones
Carrying Bag
AC & Car Charger
Protective Covers (for the machine)
Extra Lower Shaft
4 x AA Rechargeable Batteries

What isn't listed is that the coils come with protective covers as well.

Lastly, I believe its wireless function is compatible with regular Bluetooth headphones, so you don't HAVE to spend the extra $120 or so on the Impact-branded ones if you don't want to.

The best YT channel to see it action (that's in English, at least) if you're interested, is called "Darnell Hello World Metal Detecting Williams."

It's not compatible with bluetooth headphones, only 2.4 GHZ wireless which is 10 times faster in response with 0 lag time. Bluetooth has huge lag.

Thank you for correcting me on the wireless feature. However, the newer, low latency Bluetooth technology (there's a specific name for it that I can't recall) reduces to lag to levels that are virtually undetectable.

I tried the latest "Low Latency" Bluetooth first and there was huge lag. I got a "BEEP" after my coil was past the target by a half a coil width on a normal swing. The 2.4 is not bluetooth but direct wireless. Zero lag. I use the bluetooth now to watch videos here....

Thank you for correcting me on the wireless feature. However, the newer, low latency Bluetooth technology (there's a specific name for it that I can't recall) reduces to lag to levels that are virtually undetectable.

Wood butcher,
The Impact thread I posted.

Everything in it is as accurate as I could put into words.

Modern trash, it is a contender.
In iron it is a contender.
Depth in milder ground, it is a contender.

A person does need to learn the ins and outs though.
And I give examples of a lot of these in the lonnnnnng thread.
I did though, in one post, tell folks the posts # wise that are IMO the most important to get folks on track using the detector.

Stock and smallest coil (pro pack) will expand your capabilities with Impact.
There are other later released coils,,,I haven't used.

Whatever you decide good luck.

Congrats on your ATmax purchase BTW!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

If your hunting early sites, your a fool not to dig everything. Ill take the lightest, fastest and deepest machine out there. ID is way overrated. Even on newer sites, Ill just dig whatever sounds deep.

Woodbutcher
The posts TNSS refers to are what really sold me on the Impact. I was ready after I had money to buy another ATP. After I read all the posts, I bought the Impact. Do what's right for you. I'm happy I did what I did.

Wood butcher,
The Impact thread I posted.

Everything in it is as accurate as I could put into words.

Modern trash, it is a contender.
In iron it is a contender.
Depth in milder ground, it is a contender.

A person does need to learn the ins and outs though.
And I give examples of a lot of these in the lonnnnnng thread.
I did though, in one post, tell folks the posts # wise that are IMO the most important to get folks on track using the detector.

Stock and smallest coil (pro pack) will expand your capabilities with Impact.
There are other later released coils,,,I haven't used.

Whatever you decide good luck.

Congrats on your ATmax purchase BTW!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it.

If I ever actually get it… :P

I just hate that I have to wait for THAT to ship before I get any of the other gear I ordered. KellyCo says its like that to save them money on shipping. But one: I've already paid for the stuff. And two, what's the difference between separating it and shipping it now, and me calling up to cancel the purchase of those items since they haven't shipped, and then reordering them in a separate, new order, with free shipping again?

If your hunting early sites, your a fool not to dig everything. Ill take the lightest, fastest and deepest machine out there. ID is way overrated. Even on newer sites, Ill just dig whatever sounds deep.

Well,
Nice idea.
One problem.
Impact with little football coil can alert on coins, etc Deus can't.

And guess what, this goes for both the newer HF coils when attached to Deus too.

Now this doesn't mean Deus can't do the same thing,,,see things the Impact can't-- because Deus can.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Stack of Bibles.

Well,
Nice idea.
One problem.
Impact with little football coil can alert on coins, etc Deus can't.

And guess what, this goes for both the newer HF coils when attached to Deus too.

Now this doesn't mean Deus can't do the same thing,,,see things the Impact can't-- because Deus can.

The whole truth and nothing but the truth.
Stack of Bibles.
Im sure it can but its much heavier and no one is going to use that little coil for general all around use

Back
Top Bottom