Garrett ace 250 going erratic Hellllp!

Ryan74

Hi guys. I've had my Garrett 250 now for 2 years. But keep having problem with it going very erratic the screen starts break dancing all over the place and it beeps like there's a rave going on inside the control box. Anyway I've changed the coil from a 9 inch to a 12 and checked the connections changed the batteries even lowered sensitivity.But it still does it a couple of times when I take it out when it does it I do an air test and it stops but as soon as I lower it carrys on. I've reset it but that don't stop it either so I just wait and after about 30 seconds it stops and everything is normal. Has anyone else had this issue if so could you let me know a cure if you know one. Or just settle my mind before I invest in something else. Cheers guys.

Was going to say maybe bad ground.

Also emi will make a machine hard to use also. But could be its out of phase and you need a tune up.

Hi Dave. Yes mate on both coils seems more erratic on 12 inch for some reason. Had a quick check of connectors last night and all is fine. So I me stumped.

Hi swingy thing.

Hi swingy thing. Going to sound daft here but do you know how to tune it if so could you give me a few tips. Cheers mate my brain don't work:lol:

Mine did similar.. Well ace 350 to be exact but
I checked the connection.

BUT!!! THE second time.. I RE wound the coil wire up the Main shaft tried to take extra slack off from by the coil.. Then reconnected..

Give this a whirl let us know the result :)

Dont be afraid to call Garrett, their service dept is more than helpful and if it does need repairs it shouldn't be that expensive, well at least better than a new machine.

Mine did similar.. Well ace 350 to be exact but
I checked the connection.

BUT!!! THE second time.. I RE wound the coil wire up the Main shaft tried to take extra slack off from by the coil.. Then reconnected..

Give this a whirl let us know the result :)
And don't forget to tape the first 6" STRAIGHT up the shaft before wrapping the rest around the shaft! Danged if I know why it works, but mine quit doing it and hasn't given me another problem in 6 years.:?:

If you are near high voltage wires above or below ground that will happen and not stop till you are far away enough from them.

Don't buy batteries from poundland

Hi guys once again. Yep well Garrett sorted out thanks for all your input guys. Well it turns out that I've really got to stop being an absolute cheap skate and stop buying Duracell batteries from poundland now I know why the bunny is on the packaging cos the garret was bouncing around like one. Well changed over to enigizer max and not had a problem since running like a dream. For our brothers and sisters overseas poundland is a shop in England where yep you guessed it everything is a pound so as you can imagine you get what you pay for. So thanks once again guys.

What's funny I always think go back to the basics..
Well I didn't even think to go back batteries.. Haha..
Glad your up and going again and stable...
You and the machine ! :laughing:

Why not just go rechargeable Ni-MH batteries and never buy any again. I use rechargeables in my detectors, headphones, cameras, they work great and if they go dead you just swap them with charged ones for free (except charging of coarse) !

Get good batteries and a smart charger to ensure a long life for your batteries.

Back
Top Bottom