• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Well, technically...

A church presumably being private property, why would one detect there without permission?? Wouldn’t that be akin to just starting up on somebody’s lawn til they came outside and asked what the heck you are doing?

Gotta agree here. I've hunted a few churches but always with permission. It IS private property and even though they're not likely to call the cops on you it is still tresspassing.

Not to mention the cemetery. Stay 50 feet away from that minimum!

According to Tom in CA it's ok to detect here because the sign doesn't specifically prohibit metal detectors.

It's also ok to bring in your favorite brand of heavy excavator and dig up coffins to raid for gold jewelry

It's also ok to do it with no clothing on

None of those things are on the sign so they're 100% legal right Tom in CA?

It's also ok to bring in your favorite brand of heavy excavator and dig up coffins to raid for gold jewelry

It's also ok to do it with no clothing on

None of those things are on the sign so they're 100% legal right Tom in CA?

You seem to have missed post #18.

But for your analogies, in general, for other areas, Here's the problem I see:

We can all grant that public nudity is offensive. Right ? And we can all agree that grave-robbing is offensive, right ? And we can all agree that "bringing in an excavator" would be offensive, right ?

So in EACH AND EVERY CASE of what you use for examples, they are an example of obvious offensiveness. Right ? Not only could you offend people if you did them at a church, but you would ALSO offend people for doing them in a park, or school yard or beach, etc... Right ?

But is the act of md'ing (while clothed) inherently "offensive" ? Why this notion ? Everyone hates md'ing and finds it offensive ? If anything, I find it to be quite the opposite: Strangers come up and ask what's the best thing you ever found. Or "where can I buy one of those ?", etc...

But this is all a moot point. Because I can agree that my initial inference that some forms of private property have a public feel to them, yet , as said in #18, I recant of that notion. So it's a moot point.

That's quite a jump for you Tom, going from not seeking unnecessary permissions to naked metal detecting.

Please no pics or videos!:lol:

You seem to have missed post #18.

But for your analogies, in general, for other areas, Here's the problem I see:

We can all grant that public nudity is offensive. Right ? And we can all agree that grave-robbing is offensive, right ? And we can all agree that "bringing in an excavator" would be offensive, right ?

So in EACH AND EVERY CASE of what you use for examples, they are an example of obvious offensiveness. Right ? Not only could you offend people if you did them at a church, but you would ALSO offend people for doing them in a park, or school yard or beach, etc... Right ?

But is the act of md'ing (while clothed) inherently "offensive" ? Why this notion ? Everyone hates md'ing and finds it offensive ? If anything, I find it to be quite the opposite: Strangers come up and ask what's the best thing you ever found. Or "where can I buy one of those ?", etc...

But this is all a moot point. Because I can agree that my initial inference that some forms of private property have a public feel to them, yet , as said in #18, I recant of that notion. So it's a moot point.

OBVIOUS offensiveness? I guess it depends on who you ask.

I assume nude beaches have nude metal detectors and nobody cares. So why wouldn't that apply to graveyards where the sign doesn't mention it? it is 2018 after all...

OBVIOUS offensiveness? I guess it depends on who you ask.

I assume nude beaches have nude metal detectors and nobody cares. So why wouldn't that apply to graveyards where the sign doesn't mention it? it is 2018 after all...

I think most Zoning Laws have that fairly well covered. And nudity is not offensive based on WHO you ask, but more so on who you're looking at that's nude. I own a mirror and have first hand knowledge of this! :laughing:

I found this sign at an old church that was built in the mid 1800’s. I was considering giving it a go but realized that they meant metal detectors. So, just curious and for discussion purposes, would you detect here?
ea9f49a941ccadab2cd82c7d1a7fcc41.jpg

Good one. That's either a good indicator that they have a radioactive source they want to keep hidden, but are so stupid, they put up this obvious indicator sign, or it's an embarrassing public display of someone's staunch ignorance. I would presume the sign is a result of someone caught metal detecting, or their plugs leaving bad spots in the grass, but I would not assume that. Could be something else, I guess. Whatever the case, it would be near impossible to break through ignorance like that to get md'ing permission. Sad, really.

Good one. That's either a good indicator that they have a radioactive source they want to keep hidden, but are so stupid, they put up this obvious indicator sign, or it's an embarrassing public display of someone's staunch ignorance. I would presume the sign is a result of someone caught metal detecting, or their plugs leaving bad spots in the grass, but I would not assume that. Could be something else, I guess. Whatever the case, it would be near impossible to break through ignorance like that to get md'ing permission. Sad, really.

Old, proven and reliable legends (that I just made up for this post) clearly indicate that it's radioactive ore. Liberated from Germany during WWII, it was buried there in 1937 by the CIA in a joint task force with the Secret Service and NSA. This was accomplished using NASA tracking and location protocols developed from fallen alien spacecraft that in the New Mexico desert circa July, 17 1578. It's obvious that after they liberated the nuclear material from experiments conducted in WWII Germany, it was placed in a coffin and placed on top of secretly recovered Confederate gold once hidden in the woods of PA. After placing the box into it's final resting on top of the gold, it was filled with heavy water, making it impossible to move with modern technology. In this way it will mask and protect the gold...about $189,234,162.57 in todays money, but $17.62 at the time of the Civil War.

Back
Top Bottom