Minelab Equinox- the differences between the original firmware and the updated firmware 1.7.5

tnsharpshooter

Supporter
Forum Supporter
I started this.

Folks post what you are witnessing. In the end some folks based on behavior of one version may decide to load that particular version and use in the wild while detecting.

I am checking 11 different coins. More of an airtest comparing the 2 versions.
5y4tab.jpg

Settings
Park 2
0 GB
Noise cancel channel 1
Speed 6
Iron bias 0
50 tones
Sensitivty 22

n30zk3.jpg

Alright these coins swept real close, ID of these is what I am curious about.

These results below are with NEW version update installed.

Clad Quarter.............29
Clad dime.................25
Copper penny 1964...25
Zincoln.....................20/21
Clad nickle.................13

Standing Liberty Quarter....31
Half dime.........................21
Seated dime.....................25
Merc dime........................26
Barber dime......................25
Buffalo nickel....................12

Next data below same settings using OLDER version software.

Old version results sweeping exact same coins above.

Clad Quarter.............29/30
Clad dime.................25
Copper penny 1964...25
Zincoln.....................20/21
Clad nickle.................13

Standing Liberty Quarter....31
Half dime.........................21
Seated dime.....................25
Merc dime........................26
Barber dime......................25
Buffalo nickel....................12

Clad Quarter showed a little difference. Keep in mind, this doesn’t mean maybe newer version is doing something in the ground or at greater distances depthnwise the older version isn’t.

Will try to do a few actual head to heads for ID airtest of coins for meter readings and see what happens and post.

Last edited:
Looks like a difference without a distinction, for an air test, anyway. I wonder if it really IDs better at depth? Unfortunately, hard to test unless someone has two Noxes and updates one but not the other, and takes them both out hunting to do some comparisons.

Ok, we all know about the issue in the previous version with detecting big silver on edge (halves, dollars and some large rings). A few weeks ago I uploaded a video showing the results of my own test.

Definitely an issue there.

Minelab's update says "IDs for silver coins on edge have been improved", so I thought I'd do the same test again just to see how much (if any) it had been improved. Check out the vid below to see the results.

Last edited:
Ok, we all know about issue in the previous version with detecting big silver on edge (halves, dollars and some large rings). A few weeks ago I uploaded a video showing the results of my own test.

Definitely an issue there.

Minelab's update says "IDs for silver coins on edge have been improved", so I thought I'd do the same test again just to see how much (if any) it had been improved. Check out the vid below to see the results.

Excellent Video's Rattlehead !!

much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom