Making a pinpointer from a regular detector

eaglewings

Hey guys and gals....
My friend and I both have an Falcon MD20's, and it works great, except it has no discrimination (except for iron) For some this may be okay, but not for me. It sounds off on molybdenum, silver, gold, copper, lead, platinum, and palladium. A few of those would be okay, but some are worthless.
BTW, he and I are hard rock miners chasing a vein know for having small gold.
My friend has an Fisher GoldBug 2, and he swears by it. He says that it has such great discrimination that he can detect gold almost too small to see with the naked eyes.
Well, here is my question ....I bought an old Whites 6000 detector... I want to take off the search coil and put a pinpointer on the end. This would consist of a ferrite coil with 2 different winds.
Would this work, or what is needed to make it work.

You would think that I detector manufacturer would have come up with this long ago. I mean, uplug the search coil, plug in a pinpointer, sounds simple.
That way you get the sensitivity of the main unit in a pinpointer.
Someone will read this and run with the idea and make a ton of money. Please remember to kick back a couple of bucks for me for the idea, huh.

Anyone here have the knowledge to help a feller out, Id like to talk to you!!:grin:

Don't know if it would work with the 6000 [which model do you have?- I have a 6000 Di Pro SL], but that series has an inline probe (sunray xl-1) for pinpointing, with a control switch to change between coil and probe so no swapping necessary. it works with the xlt which is also 6.592kHz. i would imagine it would work with other 6.592kHz machines. I don't know how sensitive it is though. Anyone with some experience/feedback, please help.

Oldest coin- 1958 wheat penny.

Don't know if it would work with the 6000 [which model do you have?- I have a 6000 Di Pro SL], but that series has an inline probe (sunray xl-1) for pinpointing, with a control switch to change between coil and probe so no swapping necessary. it works with the xlt which is also 6.592kHz. i would imagine it would work with other 6.592kHz machines. I don't know how sensitive it is though. Anyone with some experience/feedback, please help.

I don't know but maybe you can just attach the sunray probe straight to it (in case you want it to be a dedicated pinpointer) with out the extra weight of the coil and rod.

Back
Top Bottom