Ok, better survey...

Dirt clown

Forum Supporter
Were gonna start with ALL land machines. Post the machine used, issues, remedy, and how the issue affected your detecting, and for how long.

This is not about ONE machine but all of them.

Disclaimer... This is just for fun.

Makro Racer, stock coil, all metal mode...

Set it on the ground and started the race timer

Timer went off, I took off running as fast as I could and crossed the finish line a few seconds later...

Looked back and the Racer was still sitting back at the starting line...

Turns out, The Racer isn't a very good racer after all! Hmmph! And here I thought it was going to help me get back into shape in 2016!

The force from swinging a hefty 18x15 SEF coil on ML Explorer causes severe flexing and could lead to breaking the cam locks, shaft and/or control box.

Modifying the explorer to fit on an Anderson shaft mitigates the problem. =)

Last edited:
Well I can say without reservation,,,,
Makro provided folks with coil ear problems--- an upgraded coil for free.

Minelab on the other hand---- seems to be charging folks for upgrades to remedy their poor original design.

Way to go Makro!!!

Minelab--- better work on your customer support,,,, because right now it looks weak and petty.

Fisher 1210x purchased in 1985. (Real Fisher, not First Texas)
It started to act fickle after about 20 years, sometimes she works, sometimes shes chattery.
Replaced the power/disc knob at one point with stand alone switch.
No longer reliable, needs restoration of dried electrolytic capacitors.

Used Tesoro Lobo supertrac, owned for 8 years? Not sure.
Had it looked over when I replaced the coil. (I got the coil wet through a cut in the wire I think)
Was down for a few months in the fall, didn't sent it out for repair until later that winter.
Currently works as new.

3 Minelabs, no issues.

:lol:
Makro Racer, stock coil, all metal mode...

Set it on the ground and started the race timer

Timer went off, I took off running as fast as I could and crossed the finish line a few seconds later...

Looked back and the Racer was still sitting back at the starting line...

Turns out, The Racer isn't a very good racer after all! Hmmph! And here I thought it was going to help me get back into shape in 2016!

tesoro silver u max

Light tough simple will get coins at 8-10". Just fun and easy to use not much of a learning curve. My second detector ever and i still have it and will keep it.

Minelab X-terra coil ears. Whenever I have purchased a new or good used coil, I glue mylar washers (with an inner diameter the same as the coil ear inner diameter) to the outside of each coil ear to prevent any cracking upon flexing. So far, no problems when using this preventive measure. Basically the same as thickening the coil ears. For what these coils cost, I shouldn't have to do this.:no:

F75

F75 Ltd upgraded was falsing all over the place. Luckily I bought the extended warranty with the upgrade and sent it back to Texas. Came back with a brand new coil and a brand new control head. Happy fisher customer that sold it on ebay pronto!

garret 350

My 350 came in the mail assembled carefully.
Wouldn't stop falsing over and over even mid air.
Un did the connector reconnected. Same.
Coil wire was wrapped all the way up the stem.
Next attempt undid coil wire all the way down re wound it and
Then reconnected. Seems ok now but was odd to say the least..
Glad to know year warranty left.

First detector was an early green T2. The coil leaked water first time I put it in some water. I sent the unit in and a week or two later received unit back with new coil.

Fisher 1210x purchased in 1985. (Real Fisher, not First Texas)
It started to act fickle after about 20 years, sometimes she works, sometimes shes chattery.
Replaced the power/disc knob at one point with stand alone switch.
No longer reliable, needs restoration of dried electrolytic capacitors.

My Fisher 1210 still works fine after all of these years. I have never had a problem with it. I won it at a hunt in 1984 on my birthday.

Have a White's V3I since 2013, only problem ...the stock coil was chattery so White's sent me a new one. ..didn't even have to return the old one...just threw it in the burn pile lol. Their customer service is GREAT! And a lifetime warranty!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom