First Quick Finds - Ace 250

funky13

Thanks for all the great information on this board. Our Ace 250 arrived in the mail, today, so the family had to head out for some quick finds at the old ball field (thanks to daylight savings time). As a bonus, we seem to have at least delayed the "bad weather curse on arrival day", as we successfully plucked some coins and posted here without the first drop of rain (even though severe weather is still forecast).

Anyway, good to be back into the hobby; my old White's unit was prematurely shelved in the late 70's and now the children are prompting renewed interest, again. Let's hope we refine our digging skills or I might not have a yard left!

No flying eagle cents, but at least we found some silver ('64 Roosevelt) :grin:

Attachments

• First Ace 250 Finds.JPG
    First Ace 250 Finds.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 216
Hey that great to find silver on the first outing. It took me longer than that. Good job!

WTG! My very first hunt resulted in my fiinding a steel bolt, and that was it. You will find great stuff with the Ace 250. HH

Hey All,

I went on my first couple of hours this morning with my 250. I am still learning the machine but from what I have seen when it says it's a penny, it's a penny. When it says it's a dime, it's a dime.

Granted I didn't find any silver or gold, I netted 7 pennies and one dime (just a regulur ol' dime) . I like this machine!!!

Thanks for the replies!

Ventured out, today, and found several modern quarters ('1999+).  I like how the Ace 250 alarms repeatedly, with vigor, on the bigger coins; kind of like the MD is saying "hey novice, stop walking and dig right here". Also, the pinpoint feature is very useful. I'm still trying to learn the subtleties in tones I've read about from folks on here.

Wish I could clear the calendar this whole weekend and just hunt coins!  I finally had to turn the unit off on the way back to the car or be late for other commitments I made.  Aren't hobbies great?!

Back
Top Bottom