New Guy

Lewan278

Hi All, My name is Thomas Lewandowski, I live in the Western New York Area. My Wife Diane and I just purchased our first Metal Detector (A Bounty Hunter, Time Ranger). We are total novices at this, but we have wanted to try out the sport for sometime. I am 57 and permanently disabled due to a very bad auto crash some time ago, I also suffered a heart attack last year, so I am looking for ways to get outdoors and get some walking in. If anyone knows any locations in the WNY area that welcome metal detector enthusiast please let me know.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

Sorry to hear what happened, but glad to hear that you'll be able to detect and get some walking in for your health !

A New York member should respond once they see your post and maybe be able to offer specific places to detect there.

Generally speaking many public places might be okay as long as there are not any "no metal detecting" signs, or places designated as protected historic sites. Also private property IF you get permission from the owner first.

Since you mentioned you were "total novices" maybe this video I found online about the Bounty Hunter Time Ranger will be of some help -

Welcome from W Tn best of luck and HH

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Welcome from Buffalo , NY , Suggest you start with friends , family properties . State , county and some town parks not MD friendly . We do not have the deep sands that make sand hunting fun . schools may be ok just have to try .
GL. ,,,,,HH

Hello, I am from wny too Buffalo/Cheektowaga area to be specific. Im new to the hobby as well but did go out a few times an did some research over the winter on it. I know there is no city or town ordinances on metal detecting in this area. Woodlawn beach is detecting friendly when they open in the spring . Somewhere like that is not rough terrain and easy digging!! I have been to glenn park in Williamsville and went down by the creek there all the pepole were super friendly there! I feel as though i am too new to go knock on a door and dig up someone's yard just yet. Digging a plug with a lesche is a bit harder than using a drain spade shovel but it looks better and is easier to carry around . Hope this helps Joe

Welcome from Michigan! Lots of nice people here to help you get started.

Good Luck in your treasure hunting. :detector:

Welcome to the forum from the Hudson Valley NY!!

Any relation to George Lewandowski by any chance?
Good luck to you and the Ms. I think the guys from your neck of the woods had some good insight already. Welcome to the "club"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom