Deus V4 issues coming to light UPDATE

choppadude

Forum Supporter
Have been hearing more than once about Deus owners having coils completely die after installing update to V4. Nothing could bring coils back to life, no charging, no recognition from the remote. Dealers have been instructing them to return coils to their dealer. Seems to happen more often to those who like me have multiple coils for their Deus. Her is a link to a UK site discussing this issue. Glad I did not do the update before I got here at the JGD hunt.

http://www.metaldetectingforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=91934&start=40

Last edited:
I have 9" and 11" my update went fine , I didn't do the beta prior to the official release which seems to be what I'm seeing people did that are having that issue.

I thought I had a coil connection issue because sometimes I would get a "no coil" warning and a few times it wouldn't connect. I also didn't charge my machine before the update because I had enough charge. Not sure if that is related or not.

I re downloaded the update on a fresh machine (laptop) and reinstalled the hardware on a freshly charged machine. No issues....with v.4 it does take a little longer for your coil to connect when doing a hot switch from a 9" coil to a 11" (for example - with the remote). When doing a hot switch you will get a momentary "no coil" until it connects, but I have heard that is by design.

I am about to update my second Deus as soon as I top it off on the charger. I expect all to go well with that as well.

I have 9" and 11" my update went fine , I didn't do the beta prior to the official release which seems to be what I'm seeing people did that are having that issue.

I think that might have something to do with it as well. I ran the beta and did the initial update to v4 final off the same laptop and had what I thought was a coil connection issue. When I re downloaded the update to a fresh laptop it worked fine. I also freshly charged my machine beforehand just to make sure that had nothing to do with it either.

I have not updated yet. Do you have to d/l it to your computer first, then to Deus, or can you d/l directly to Deus?

I have not updated yet. Do you have to d/l it to your computer first, then to Deus, or can you d/l directly to Deus?

Go to findmall forum,Deus section,,right at the top.
You will download 23.1mb file first,,,then run the program.

Desktop should have icon.

Follow instructions,,,have your components fully charged.

You have to download the executable to your PC from the XP website. It then installs and places a shortcut on your desktop. To update you double click the shortcut and simply follow the instructions. You still need an internet connection in order to update. It needs to connect to the website in order to complete the process.

I have had no issues yet with the update. If you turn it on with the coil on the ground mine didn't read the coil but when I turned it off and held the coil up and turned it back on it read it fine.

Ok I tried to update my second Deus after a fresh charge. No Go

The update installed fine but when you try and modify some parameters in expert settings, it won't let you:

2. Menu-Disc-expert-expert = Freeze. (ie you can't get out and return to menu). You have to turn off the remote and turn it back on.

2. Will not allow a frequency shift and will also not allow you to return to menu.

3. Notch-Expert = Freeze, will not allow adjustments or a return to menu.

I reinstalled 3.2 on it and all seems to be well again. My second Deus is one year older than my other unit. I can only speculate that it might have something to do with the age of the remote.

How old is your machine? My first one is about 8 months old and it updated fine to include both coils. My other machine is about a year older and exhibited the bugs. After returning it to 3.2 its fine again.

Weird. I can't see the age being an issue.

Was it on beta at any point also? Did you use the same PC you previously did the beta install from ?

Ok I tried to update my second Deus after a fresh charge. No Go

The update installed fine but when you try and modify some parameters in expert settings, it won't let you:

2. Menu-Disc-expert-expert = Freeze. (ie you can't get out and return to menu). You have to turn off the remote and turn it back on.

2. Will not allow a frequency shift and will also not allow you to return to menu.

3. Notch-Expert = Freeze, will not allow adjustments or a return to menu.

I reinstalled 3.2 on it and all seems to be well again. My second Deus is one year older than my other unit. I can only speculate that it might have something to do with the age of the remote.

I just update both my units.
They do exactly as you say above.
This is terrible.

Weird. I can't see the age being an issue.

Was it on beta at any point also? Did you use the same PC you previously did the beta install from ?

No beta installed on the "older" second machine and both updates were performed off the same laptop. That laptop was clean and it was the first instantiation of the xp executable on it.

The first machine which is about 8 months old had the beta on it loaded from a different PC. When I updated off the fresh laptop all went well without issue. This machine displays no bugs whatsoever.

I just tried to download off of Euro server,,,seems they have it offline.
Maybe they are trying to fix.

No BETA even been on either of my units,,and I have problems with both.

I am using Windows 10 system,,,could be be the cause??
Don't know.

Shouldn't be an OS issue since it works fine on my newer machine.

Shouldn't be an OS issue since it works fine on my newer machine.

Only reason I brought up OS,,Xp's website until just recently made no mention of Windows 10.
I asked a question in another thread relating to this for this reason earlier.

My laptop is a month and a half old.

Back
Top Bottom