Sandbass and Hybrid fishing

Wish I was closer, I'd love to get out and do a little fishing. Had planned to take Jeannie ice fishing this winter but with work schedules and a warm winter we just never had an opportunity.

Wish I was closer, I'd love to get out and do a little fishing. Had planned to take Jeannie ice fishing this winter but with work schedules and a warm winter we just never had an opportunity.

It has been unseasonably warm. That's why the sandbass are running early. 68 degrees right now and a high of 79 today. Water hits 54-55 degrees, it triggers them. Full of eggs and milt already.

Ok. I thought sandbass might be a code word or something :lol: So are they like our freash water 1-4 pounders from Lake Erie ?
,,,,,HH

I've taken ichthyology, and never heard of a sand bass..

Rock bass, largemouth, smallmouth, white, striped, hybrid striped (wipers)3, warmouth...

Oh...

Just looked it up, sand bass=white bass...:D

Sounds like a good time!!!

<°)))>{

Ok. I thought sandbass might be a code word or something :lol: So are they like our freash water 1-4 pounders from Lake Erie ?
,,,,,HH

Lol I was thinking the same, like a weed bass, or a hickory pickerel...:lol:

<°)))>{

Funnest time fishing I ever had was during a white bass run in spring. Rooster tails and Rattle traps and BOOM!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your Mich. pike are a hell of a lot better than those St Clair floaters !
Congrats on the St Pats catch , ,,,,, HH

Do you bleed your fish out after the catch ?

Your Mich. pike are a hell of a lot better than those St Clair floaters !
Congrats on the St Pats catch , ,,,,, HH

Do you bleed your fish out after the catch ?

Thanks man..

Those were walleye, not pike, and LSC is Michigan waters...

I've never worried about bleeding them out because they're frozen quicker than they'll bleed... Also I've seen the spots where they did that and it only attracts more fisherman with all the red on white ice...

<°)))>{

We call them walleye or yellow pike , My Dad use to tell me about blue pike .
Last summer one of the fisherman showed me his cooler and was telling how much better it was to bleed them out . His opinion was that it made a difference with the bigger fish . I was just curious , was new to me . I'm on Lake Erie .
,,,,,HH

I noticed that you are just down the road a bit from me. I'm in Dixon, not real far from you.

Yea I know Dixon, the problem with my town is that the population was never high enough to generate good detecting sites. I've been trying to find a bottle dump for years and I can barely find modern day garbage.

Yea I know Dixon, the problem with my town is that the population was never high enough to generate good detecting sites. I've been trying to find a bottle dump for years and I can barely find modern day garbage.

Yes, Erie is small but I bet there are good sites there. Consider that being smaller it likely has had less detecting.

I used to skip school for the big White bass run on the Maumee river!...right below a dam there back in the 70's...

Come to think of it, I got fired for skipping work and going White bass fishing one Spring day in 1979...That guy was a real bad man and a hothead. I hated working for him...so one day I said Dahellwiddit and went fishing and that solved my problem!:laughing::laughing: You aint a real fisherman unless you get fired at least once!

Back
Top Bottom