KFC recipe MIGHT have been leaked !

And that's my original point, they release a so called 'ORIGINO'al recipe, that isn't...leaves enough doubt that we spend 3 pages on a metal detecting forum talking about kentucky fried chicken.... when we wouldn't be having this discussion otherwise, or all of the so called "news" outlets getting hits on their websites, selling advertising, all promoting KFC who didn't have to pay a cent for all the publicity!

People are MAKING MONEY (writers, newscasters, editors, website owners, video sites, publishers. reporters, the guy giving the interviews, and anyone else who has a content based website is making money off of this so called "leak" It's all sensationalism! lol

Well, I was just thinking that since you said before -

"The "secret" isn't as secret as people might think, considering we all knew how to make it, because it was our job. We made spices for all of the major brands."

Then it shouldn't be a big surprise for it to eventually get out somehow.

We might average having KFC once about every 4 to 6 weeks, sometimes longer, the publicity won't change that for us.

I guess the bottom line is if that recipe tastes close enough to KFC for my taste where I can cook it at home by broiling to avoid grease but still have a flavor close to KFC then hey, I'd be okay with that :thumbsup:

Well, I was just thinking that since you said before -

"The "secret" isn't as secret as people might think, considering we all knew how to make it, because it was our job. We made spices for all of the major brands."

Then it shouldn't be a big surprise for it to eventually get out somehow.

We might average having KFC once about every 4 to 6 weeks, sometimes longer, the publicity won't change that for us.

I guess the bottom line is if that recipe tastes close enough to KFC for my taste where I can cook it at home by broiling to avoid grease but still have a flavor close to KFC then hey, I'd be okay with that :thumbsup:

My wife has told me she wants an Oil-less fryer. Has anyone tried one of those, and would that satisfy the desire for 'Healthier' fried chicken?

My wife has told me she wants an Oil-less fryer. Has anyone tried one of those, and would that satisfy the desire for 'Healthier' fried chicken?

I use a large countertop convection oven that also broils, but have not used what they specifically call the oil-less fryer so I can't speak for that personally, but I just did a search and Amazon has one called "Big Boss" oil-less fryer with about 650 customer reviews and about 150 answered questions so you can get an idea of what some of those customers think about it.

Thanks. Now you B'tards (as Mudpuppy would so eloquently put it) got me wanting some of that extra crispy death fowl...It's way too late to be making a KFC run, so I gotta run to the ghetto Church's chicken and probably get shot or stabbed up for being white down there...:wow:

Thanks. Now you B'tards (as Mudpuppy would so eloquently put it) got me wanting some of that extra crispy death fowl...It's way too late to be making a KFC run, so I gotta run to the ghetto Church's chicken and probably get shot or stabbed up for being white down there...:wow:

Glad to be of service. Local Churches here was closed, live roaches between the meat & batter....

Glad to be of service. Local Churches here was closed, live roaches between the meat & batter....

At least the roaches didn't get murdered for craving a little chicken flesh...I thought I'd stop in and get a bucket one evening since it was on my way home. You'd think I was the devil incarnate! Had to settle for some taco hell. They literally wouldn't sell me any chicken!!:wow:

It would be a shame for a relative to give out something that was supposed to be kept secret. it seems like once the original person is no longer in the picture it doesn't matter anymore. A local park was donated to the city on the condition that it would always remain a park. The city decided to build a school in the middle of it. The man who donated it was dead so his wishes didn't matter any more. You can't trust anyone anymore . . . even family.

It would be a shame for a relative to give out something that was supposed to be kept secret. it seems like once the original person is no longer in the picture it doesn't matter anymore. A local park was donated to the city on the condition that it would always remain a park. The city decided to build a school in the middle of it. The man who donated it was dead so his wishes didn't matter any more. You can't trust anyone anymore . . . even family.

I agree those things sadly do happen, maybe the man who donated the park should have had a lawyer write something up that would have enforced his wishes.

As far as the KFC recipe, the article indicates it was (supposedly) leaked by accident.

Here is a quote from that article -

"the recipe for the spice blend used to prepare the chicken may have been accidentally revealed to a reporter for The Chicago Tribune by Joe Ledington, a nephew of the man who made the recipe famous."

I agree those things sadly do happen, maybe the man who donated the park should have had a lawyer write something up that would have enforced his wishes.

I believe he did but the only relative that they could find lived in a far off state and had never even heard of him. He said he didn't care what they did with the park since it was of no interest to him. They built the school right where I used to find my oldest coins.

I believe he did but the only relative that they could find lived in a far off state and had never even heard of him. He said he didn't care what they did with the park since it was of no interest to him. They built the school right where I used to find my oldest coins.

Hopefully you had at least one last chance to do a thorough hunt there before construction started.

It sounds like you have a lot of competition in your area !

There's more than I like since a lot of the newer ones apparently never have learned how to properly dig a find. I spend about as much time repairing holes that I find as i do detecting.

There's more than I like since a lot of the newer ones apparently never have learned how to properly dig a find. I spend about as much time repairing holes that I find as i do detecting.

Maybe if you put a flyer out saying -

FREE CLASS FOR METAL DETECTORISTS - Learn expert procedures for digging plugs !

.....at least that would save you time later :laughing::laughing::laughing:

:nono:no - :digginahole: ......... :thumbsup: yes - :detector:

Maybe if you put a flyer out saying -

FREE CLASS FOR METAL DETECTORISTS - Learn expert procedures for digging plugs !

They have a local metal detecting club. I noticed that one of the new members in it does it too. I told them that they need to teach them how to dig a find but I don't think anyone listened.

They have a local metal detecting club. I noticed that one of the new members in it does it too. I told them that they need to teach them how to dig a find but I don't think anyone listened.

Yeah, you would think the experienced detectorists in that club would realize not teaching proper plug replacement can jeopardize everyone being allowed to detect in many areas.

Yeah, you would think the experienced detectorists in that club would realize not teaching proper plug replacement can jeopardize everyone being allowed to detect in many areas.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom