The truth about why WISCONSIN finds silver .

I just don't like people coming here plugging anything. If you like the Killer B headphones, great. But don't turn it into a plug for some website so you can get a good deal on your next purchase. Really lame to do that and it shouldn't be allowed.

Thats why there are mods here to decide what is allowed to be posted your no mod so if you don't like a post then ignore it ! No need to post your 2 cents if it isn't something other than to bust someone's chops about there post. Especially when they are trying to help others ! Besides most people use headphones and appreciate tips on other products that might be better than what they have.

Dew... Freebird had nothing to do with me asking you to remove the word I did from your title of the thread... that is on me... if you look in my signature you will see I hate spammers and send them packing... your word was repulsive to me ;)

No stress brothers .
Gotta run a tight ship.
It was hard on me ...
Like running through the spanking machine in 2nd grade.
You know... when your classmates all line up and you run between the lines and they all wack your rear end as you run threw as fast as you can šŸ˜Ž
I wonā€™t sit for a week now .
,Dew

Thats why there are mods here to decide what is allowed to be posted your no mod so if you don't like a post then ignore it ! No need to post your 2 cents if it isn't something other than to bust someone's chops about there post. Especially when they are trying to help others ! Besides most people use headphones and appreciate tips on other products that might be better than what they have.

This is true.. but each member is allowed his opinion.. it was taken care of in private so its all a moot point.

No stress brothers .
Gotta run a tight ship.
It was hard on me ...
Like running through the spanking machine in 2nd grade.
You know... when your classmates all line up and you run between the lines and they all wack your rear end as you run threw as fast as you can šŸ˜Ž
I wonā€™t sit for a week now .
,Dew
Lol...But you turned right around and ran that gauntlet again didn't you !!!

Well I can say for sure, you ain't gonna find stuff like this without headphones, at least in the same quantity..

Two pictures, two seasons..

Chew on that for a bit...

<Ā°)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_4812_zps8ddbce79.jpg
    IMG_4812_zps8ddbce79.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 78
  • user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    user26275_pic61164_1411060685.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 77
Well I can say for sure, you ain't gonna find stuff like this without headphones, at least in the same quantity..

Two pictures, two seasons..

Chew on that for a bit...

<Ā°)))>{

Dang, Ice Scratcher, some serious butter there! Do you beach hunt?

As for silver coins, Trapper, IDX Monster, Dew, Yooper, AirForceMike and the other cheeseheads are Kings of the Shiny. Oh... and I do use the stock Garrett headphones on my AT Pro, wouldn't be without them! I appreciate your post and the info on those Killer B's - not a problem at all with me.

Dang, Ice Scratcher, some serious butter there! Do you beach hunt?

As for silver coins, Trapper, IDX Monster, Dew, Yooper, AirForceMike and the other cheeseheads are Kings of the Shiny. Oh... and I do use the stock Garrett headphones on my AT Pro, wouldn't be without them! I appreciate your post and the info on those Killer B's - not a problem at all with me.

Stock ATP phones, sorta waterproofed kinda..

In the water, mostly over machine head deep. Sometimes just over 6ft deep.

<Ā°)))>{

Stock ATP phones, sorta waterproofed kinda..

In the water, mostly over machine head deep. Sometimes just over 6ft deep.

<Ā°)))>{

Sounds good Ice Scratcher, very impressive finds! I have detected three years here in Western Montana, dirt fishing for gold is tuff, I have found 3 gold rings in each of the 3 years, nothing like you that's for sure!

Sounds good Ice Scratcher, very impressive finds! I have detected three years here in Western Montana, dirt fishing for gold is tuff, I have found 3 gold rings in each of the 3 years, nothing like you that's for sure!

Thanks man,

By dirt standards, 3 gold's a year is nothing to sneeze at for sure.. Fact is many dirt hunters go many years without even one..

<Ā°)))>{

The belt looks really cool, I need somthing myself.Been stuffing my pockets full of wheats, silvers, canslaw,big iron and bottle caps and pulltabs for years..Yea, I got deep pockets.:laughing:
But I'm curious, what's a plug, and what's plugging away mean? Never heard that lingo, southern?
And another thing, I'm a die hard gray ghost user..always have been and only used whites ultralites when it was too hot out for gg..Been seeing killer bees but never used them..Better than gg?

Well I can say for sure, you ain't gonna find stuff like this without headphones, at least in the same quantity

Can't argue with success! I do okay without headphones. But I only beach hunt once a year or so. Most of my time is spent deep in the woods looking for 1700's coins and relics

Here's my silver jewelry stash. This is seven years of detecting, though. One gold ring on top, but I have sold a few small gold rings over the years.

Attachments

• DSCN0789 (4).jpg
    DSCN0789 (4).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 60
Can't argue with success! I do okay without headphones. But I only beach hunt once a year or so. Most of my time is spent deep in the woods looking for 1700's coins and relics

Here's my silver jewelry stash. This is seven years of detecting, though. One gold ring on top, but I have sold a few small gold rings over the years.

Now we are getting somewhere !!!!
Holy smokes!
Strong argument right there to burn my headphones šŸŽ§.
You and ice have been holding out on us .
I obviously need more practice šŸ˜³
,Dew

The belt looks really cool, I need somthing myself.Been stuffing my pockets full of wheats, silvers, canslaw,big iron and bottle caps and pulltabs for years..Yea, I got deep pockets.:laughing:
But I'm curious, what's a plug, and what's plugging away mean? Never heard that lingo, southern?
And another thing, I'm a die hard gray ghost user..always have been and only used whites ultralites when it was too hot out for gg..Been seeing killer bees but never used them..Better than gg?

Pete the term "Plug" is one we use all the time. It refers to the dirt removed to get at your target. Digging deep Silver we seldom use anything but "Sanpson's" or like digging tools. The idea is not to have your clod break up and also to replace it in the hole so it fits clean and almost invisible. It truly helps not to say dig holes when asking permissions or being questioned on site by a officer or a official as that is not to appealing to home owners, grounds keepers or maintenance people. A example as how I use it when asked about the procedure. I explain that using my detector I scan over the yards surface and when I find a target I cut the ground in a horseshoe pattern below the lawns roots, tip over a plug and remove the target and then put the plug back and blend it. Never say the words "dig", "hunt" or "holes". I also never say anything about money as it seems to open peoples eyes to greed. So what I use is the terms "relics," "artifacts" or "items" lost over time and forgotten. Hope this is of help Pete and I know it is a bit long winded, specially when I get up on my band wagon a bit to preach it.:yes: This works well for me and may be one of the reasons I have not received a no when asking permission in over 3 years. Trapper

Last edited:

Hey Wood .
Thanks for the reply .
Though Trap gave an excellent description of the plug we dig I was using the word in a different context.

To plug an item would be to endorse it ... a sales pitch .. to pimp out something ... so I plugged the killer Bā€™s and plugged jerrman (antiquesdetectors)and plugged the sweet utility belt and I plugged the sponsors and dealers here on the forum
and even plugged friendly metal detecting forum . šŸ˜Ž
Kinda like after you win the Daytona 500 you say your going to Disney land .
Sneaking in an endorsement for one of your supporters.

Kinda like your sweet grey ghosts may be a nice compliment to your whites set up and may actually be a better fit šŸ¤” the Bā€™s really make the minelab silver whispers pop! The deep sneaky ones .

Just a hot set up even with the Nox .

So now after all that pimping and shameless plugging I am feeling kinda dirty and need a shower šŸ˜©.

HH
,DewšŸ‘

They do perform really well for me as well, Iā€™ve got the Hornets and ST models for backup. Very crisp...signal acquisition is of course important and anything that allows the user to decipher what theyā€™re hearing better is an edge, especially in cluttered urban areas with ALL kinds of junk possible. Machines such as the e-series depend greatly on the audio to convey information, so the receiving end must be top notch. Jerry has been very good as far as sales and service, Iā€™ve sent more than one taker that way, and will continue to do so. It canā€™t be easy being a dealer with all the products and expectations that go with it, I think ALL of our sponsors do a great job keeping everyone ā€œset upā€!
Iā€™ll have to see that belt next time over to see what thatā€™s all about...myself, I like things like that to be basic so I donā€™t get confused so easily.;)

Thanks Kev.
Ya Iā€™ll bring it along .
Has all these clips on all the pouches .
Load stuff into all of them and then grab what ever you wanna bring for the day depending on situation and clip them on .
I gotta put some stuff together ... play with it a little .
Pretty cool
,Dew

I also have had great results using Jerry and Antique Detectors and would recommend him highly. The Killer Bee's have been what I have been using for years, at least since I got serious about digging Silver. To hear those faint deep whispers they are necessary. Congrats Dew's on the Phones along with the new Belt. Trapper

Thanks Trap .
You and Airforcemike were the ones insisting I get a pair for a long time .
If it werenā€™t for Jerrman jamming a pit down my throat I prob woulda ran the stock rigs for another season or so .
Game changer for sure .

Oh and tell Jill the Jeanie took the home made garlic butter out of the fridge to build something to go with the Christmas lasagna šŸ‘
Mmmmmmm . Canā€™t wait šŸ˜Š

Back
Top Bottom