Minelab Equinox 600 and 800 battery life

Despotes

I'm still debating which detector to buy and the only sticking point for me is the built in rechargeable battery.
Has anybody noticed reduced run times or taken your unit apart to see how easily/or hard it would be to replace the battery or gotten info from Minelab about battery replacement?
No, my cell phone does not have a built in rechargeable battery and I tend to avoid non throw aways (for me) that do.
I plan on keeping it for many years. No such thing as obsolete. :D

Regarding the longevity of the built in battery.....I know nothing of replacing it.

If its life span is reduced in time, it is possible to use an external USB battery pack. I zip tied one on the rod near the arm cuff for a while till I realized I didnt need it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Regarding the longevity of the built in battery.....I know nothing of replacing it.

If its life span is reduced in time, it is possible to use an external USB battery pack. I zip tied one on the rod near the arm cuff for a while till I realized I didnt need it.

I don't want to have to resort to that if the battery can't be placed by Minelab

I understand, but it still beats buyin a new detector.

It does, that's why I'm hesitant to buy an Equinox.
Any comparable detectors that use replaceable batteries?

I have seen on a few videos about burping the equinox that the battery is right in the handle below the screen, easily replaced either by minelab in the future or anyone who really wanted to do the job themselves...

I have not had any battery problems with my Equinox 600 and 800. Warranty is three years.When the time comes, I'm sure Minelab and third parties too....will have battery replacement solutions.

The only alternative that is similar in weight and functions that uses replaceable batteries is the new Minelab Vanquish. Like the Equinox, it has Multi IQ simultaneous multi frequencies, very similar features to the Nox, nice collapsible shaft, 4 AA batteries, coil is submersible but not the control box. Good reports on it so far and it is cheaper than the Equinox 600.

Jeff

I have not had any battery problems with my Equinox 600 and 800. Warranty is three years.When the time comes, I'm sure Minelab and third parties too....will have battery replacement solutions.

The only alternative that is similar in weight and functions that uses replaceable batteries is the new Minelab Vanquish. Like the Equinox, it has Multi IQ simultaneous multi frequencies, very similar features to the Nox, nice collapsible shaft, 4 AA batteries, coil is submersible but not the control box. Good reports on it so far and it is cheaper than the Equinox 600.

Jeff

The Vanquish 540 doesn't list the frequencies it uses for Multi-IQ. Don't want to assume it uses the same as the 600 and 800.

Minelab has not touted the Vanquish as a gold prospecting detector so it probably does not have any frequencies over 15kHz (just a guess!) and Minelab says the Vanquish coils are not compatible with the Nox. The Vanquish does have simultaneous multi frequency operation so at least two frequencies at one time which definitely improves target ID accuracy from my experience on the 600 and 800.

Jeff

I have taken the battery out of my Equinox, it was a 5 minute job if that. I am sure that there are replacement batteries out there for sale if you look hard enough.

I have taken the battery out of my Equinox, it was a 5 minute job if that. I am sure that there are replacement batteries out there for sale if you look hard enough.

Pics of your dissection? Shape, rating, capacity of battery?

I just found this: https://parts.minelab.com/category-s/270.htm

3011-0405 Battery part# ?

Found pic of a "used" battery on E-Bay. It's just a 26650 battery that would obviously need some soldering.

Attachments

• Equinox battery.jpg
    Equinox battery.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2,436
Last edited:
I honestly wouldn’t let the concern of where the next battery comes from hinder your decision to buy the EQX. It lasts a ridiculously long time in the field and if it ever does croak, replacing it WILL NOT be that hard. If I have to take mine apart to show you because you didn’t trust me...so help me GOD...don’t make me come back there!:lol:

I settled on the Vanquish 540 Pro to get me started. Now to shop for a pin pointer.
Thank guys for all your help.

Actually no problems with the battery.
I went to change the battery then remembered it's a rechargable.
That was after about 8 hours of detecting on the original charge and it still
performed perfectly even with the battery indicating the lowest bar charge.

Back
Top Bottom