Silver #65 at the pounded park of all places!! 101 targets dug in three hours

coin whisperer

Elite Member
This morning I headed to the local pounded park to find gold!! For three hours I dug every signal I got. This park has been cherry picked for coin signals by everybody that’s ever had a metal detector! It’s the only park in town so it’s been gone over a lot. I got a 13 signal on the nox only 4” down and when I popped the plug I saw a 1945 merc staring back at me. I was shocked and knew there must be a nickel with it, sure enough underneath it was a 1965 nickel. All of the cherry pickers missed that one;) Out of the 101 targets I dug I only found 5 coins, one chewed up zinc, two wheaties that were in the same plug, the merc and nickel spill and a cut memorial. You can hunt this park all day and not find a buck in clad. Ty for looking and HH!
f6f12c7f8c9f49ccd9e8ef94707404c0.jpg
beadd17dc8c9107082af269456fc303b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats ! My body aches just thinking about all those targets you dug . You have a lot on your plate (pun intented) .Nice going on the 17+1/2 cents ! 1945 Mercs are very special to me .

Congrats ! My body aches just thinking about all those targets you dug . You have a lot on your plate (pun intented) .Nice going on the 17+1/2 cents ! 1945 Mercs are very special to me .

Oh I’m feeling it lol!!!! Is 1945 a significant birth date?

HOLY SMOKES ! You got more patience than I do, to have dug all that junk. And you get 2x the "atteboy" for getting silver from pounded parks :laughing:

HOLY SMOKES ! You got more patience than I do, to have dug all that junk. And you get 2x the "atteboy" for getting silver from pounded parks :laughing:

It’s so rewarding when I finally find that piece of gold after digging so many pull tabs and junk!

Good work CW You lasted longer then I would have . I try that tactic from time to time and I would say after about fifteen junk targets I fall apart.
There is great stuff mixed in with the trash .
Congratulations on the silver and your hard work is noted.
You know there are a bunch of gold coins out there. Ya just know it .
,Dew

Good work CW You lasted longer then I would have . I try that tactic from time to time and I would say after about fifteen junk targets I fall apart.

There is great stuff mixed in with the trash .

Congratulations on the silver and your hard work is noted.

You know there are a bunch of gold coins out there. Ya just know it .

,Dew

Ty Dew, when I set my mind on something I’m going to do it till I get to tired lol. It’s worked for me in the last so that keeps me going

You really do have a lot more patients than me Vic. Just have a need for more consistent reward target base (coins). But when I do feel like digging a lot of targets I do put the CTX down and pull out the Nox. Congrats on digging #65 with the Merc. That Nickel sure did show its shadow. Trapper

You really do have a lot more patients than me Vic. Just have a need for more consistent reward target base (coins). But when I do feel like digging a lot of targets I do put the CTX down and pull out the Nox. Congrats on digging #65 with the Merc. That Nickel sure did show its shadow. Trapper

Ty Trapper! If I chased coin signals at that park I’d come with a empty pouch

nice pull on that Merc Dime, among all that trash! when I get in the mood to chase a gold ring or similar mid tone, I usually give up after pulling nothing but pull tabs... the only exception being an older home, original lawn, and all kinds of goodies coming out...

nice pull on that Merc Dime, among all that trash! when I get in the mood to chase a gold ring or similar mid tone, I usually give up after pulling nothing but pull tabs... the only exception being an older home, original lawn, and all kinds of goodies coming out...

Ty, at a elementary school three years ago I dug over 300 pull tabs chasing gold

Way to squeeze a few keepers out of some tough hunting ground! Congrats!

Thx!

On the silver Vic, happy hunting, Earl :waytogo:

Ty Earl

Did you find any?

I had found a gold wedding band prior to the pull tab hunts lol but none chasing gold
Way to grind and get that Merc along the way!

Ty!

Congrats on the silver! :D

Ty Wolf-Dog

Congrats on the finds, we’ve a 48-acre park near by that has also been hit hard over the years. The old hunters said nothing’s left but I have managed over a dozen old silvers the last 5 years. Now three of us can hunt for hours and come up short even on clad.

I’ve dug thousands of pull tabs and nickel signals in all the parks in a 50-mile radius (many are lakefront) and have still zero gold to show in ten years now.

Back
Top Bottom