Closed out April with quadruple gold!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Hit the beaches over the weekend for some very early morning low tide hunts. Friday and Saturday hunts yielded mainly clad and silver and was a little frustrating expecting to hit gold at any moment since there were so many good targets but the beach was being stubborn and just wouldn't give it up. So on Sunday I decided to try another beach 35 miles in the opposite direction. Less clad at this beach and only a few silver items but I finally was able to scoop out what i was looking for and ended up scoring 3 white gold rings and a gold bracelet. The 14k Diamond ring weighs 4.6 grams, the 18k w/diamond weighs 1.7 grams, and the 10k w/amethyst weighs 2.4 grams. The real meat is in the 14k bracelet that weighs 10.4 grams. I estimate about 18 1/2 hours spent this weekend metal detecting and worth every minute. :cheers:

Thanks for lookin, GL & HH!

Attachments

• 20170502_120907.jpg
    20170502_120907.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 647
  • 20170502_121104.jpg
    20170502_121104.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 653
  • 20170502_121127.jpg
    20170502_121127.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 650
  • 20170502_121140.jpg
    20170502_121140.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 661
  • 20170502_121158.jpg
    20170502_121158.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 677
  • 20170502_121206.jpg
    20170502_121206.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 638
  • 20170502_121239.jpg
    20170502_121239.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 625
:dingding: That's just awesomeness right there! :wow:

Very nice Slim... I like the rings best :) you need to go back to find the gold coin that was hanging off that eyelet ;)

Wow! That is unbelievably cool! And looks like quite a few interesting silvers there as well. That is more gold and silver than I've found in my entire short career. Definitely got some catching up to do! :grin:

It nice when you find one but four is frickin awesome. You beach guys find some great treasures.

Awesome looting Slim!!!

Should get more than melt for that 18k....

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Hit the beaches over the weekend for some very early morning low tide hunts. Friday and Saturday hunts yielded mainly clad and silver and was a little frustrating expecting to hit gold at any moment since there were so many good targets but the beach was being stubborn and just wouldn't give it up. So on Sunday I decided to try another beach 35 miles in the opposite direction. Less clad at this beach and only a few silver items but I finally was able to scoop out what i was looking for and ended up scoring 3 white gold rings and a gold bracelet. The 14k Diamond ring weighs 4.6 grams, the 18k w/diamond weighs 1.7 grams, and the 10k w/amethyst weighs 2.4 grams. The real meat is in the 14k bracelet that weighs 10.4 grams. I estimate about 18 1/2 hours spent this weekend metal detecting and worth every minute. :cheers:

Thanks for lookin, GL & HH!

Whoa. A four gold day! That'd be something. :) Congrats!

Beautiful Gold congrats! :cool:

Thanks Irons!

:dingding: That's just awesomeness right there! :wow:

As always thanks for the much appreciated dings Felix! :cheers:

Very nice Slim... I like the rings best :) you need to go back to find the gold coin that was hanging off that eyelet ;)

Thanks Craig! Yea I've been thinking about what could have been attached to that eyelet, your gold coin theory sounds very good to me! :yes:

Awesome take man, that bracel:yes:et looks great!

Thanks Z! How you doin on finds on your end?

Wow! That is unbelievably cool! And looks like quite a few interesting silvers there as well. That is more gold and silver than I've found in my entire short career. Definitely got some catching up to do! :grin:

Thanks TK-421! Don't worry, I'm predicting that you will be scooping up loads of Platinum and 24k gold very soon :yes:

congrats that is quite a nice collection

Thanks melbajoe!

It nice when you find one but four is frickin awesome. You beach guys find some great treasures.

Thanks Canuck! Yea its always nice to hit multiple gold, my record is 7 in 1 hunt and that was about 3 years ago..Under the right conditions some hunts can be unbelievable! I'm a very big fan of wet sand hunting.

Killed it! Great job congrats!

Thanks cellrdwellr! :grin:

Great finds and with sov gt!:yes:

Thanks metaladdict! I do love me my Sov GT:D, so much so that I own three of them, 1 to use, one for backup, and one to sleep with at night :D

Awesome looting Slim!!!

Should get more than melt for that 18k....

Congrats!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice! Looking forward to your killer posts! :yes: has the ice melted yet?

Yea I usually sell the good intact jewelry that I find for way more then melt value. I learned how to re-weld broken rings back together so even less jewelry ends up in the scrap pile, just the seriously trashed items go to ARA now.

That was one amazing weekend. Congratulations.

Thanks rockymtnrider! definitely one of my best :grin:

Beautiful finds there Slim! Great effort and results!

Thanks Mud! :cheers:

Congrats! Thanks for sharing all that SoCal gold with us!

Thanks 71DHB! SoCal beaches are filling up with people and fresh drops made daily, should hopefully be another good summer :yes:

I was thinking the same. Beautiful. Great hunting......:yes:

Thanks CTCurt! :cheers:

That's an awesome couple of hunts. Congrats on the finds.

Thanks Jamflicker! :cheers:

Whoa. A four gold day! That'd be something. :) Congrats!

Thanks Skippy! :cheers:

Way to go Dave. You deserve it. You put in more hours and methodically cover ground better than anyone. Hope you keep finding more.

Thanks Bud! Yea man after I hit that 1st gold on the 3rd hunt I made sure to cross-hatch grid the whole area from every angle to make sure I cleaned everything out. :cheers:

Here's a pic of the clad, failed to upload the first time due to size, resized and good to go! Gonna be making a trip to the local coinstar, I'll let the machine do the counting :grin:

Attachments

• clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 366
Back
Top Bottom