AT Pro VDI question

gliden07

I don't own one of these detectors but am considering one for next year (just doing more research) and trying to understand the VDI numbers. This may pertain to all of the Detectors with a numerical display? On the AT Pro do the VDI numbers read the same on Pro mode and Regular mode?? In other words if I air test a silver quarter at 6" in Pro Mode and the Display says 86 (Making it up) if I test quarter in regular mode will it still show an 86 on the numerical scale??

Yeah, what they said. Additionally, if I understand it right, although the VDI will remain the same for the individual detector and I believe for other AT PROs as well, it may differ on other makes of detectors that also show VDI such as the Fisher F2.

I believe all the numbers are is just a scale of the conductivity of the target.

In an idea world all detectors that use VDI would have the same number if the scales were the same because they are all attempting to read the conductivity of the target.

Picture a metal detector as an electromagnet that transmits a magnetic field. when a magnetic field is passed over a metal (conductive) target an electric field (eddy current) is produced. This second field gives the detector plausible identification of the target.

silver being highly conductive reads on the upper end of most scales where foil/gold read lower

Yeah, what they said. Additionally, if I understand it right, although the VDI will remain the same for the individual detector and I believe for other AT PROs as well, it may differ on other makes of detectors that also show VDI such as the Fisher F2.

Yeppers. :)

I don't own one of these detectors but am considering one for next year (just doing more research) and trying to understand the VDI numbers. This may pertain to all of the Detectors with a numerical display? On the AT Pro do the VDI numbers read the same on Pro mode and Regular mode?? In other words if I air test a silver quarter at 6" in Pro Mode and the Display says 86 (Making it up) if I test quarter in regular mode will it still show an 86 on the numerical scale??

Use the Pro Mode zero and never look back!

Back
Top Bottom