All the stuff we find.

flyguy784

Elite Member
I've often wondered, shouldn't there be, on this forum, a listing of what everyone collects or is interested in owning? As I look over the plethora of items I've dug over the years, I find myself saying, I'll bet there's someone out there that collects 19th century plumb bobs. Or, colonial buckles or crotal bells, or whatever. I'll bet we all have those sorts of things.
The thread could be very simple ie.
Flyguy784;
I'm interested in axe heads, copper culture items, and I don't know....bronze rings.

It might enable an exchange, sale, barter etc so guys could get rid of those items that while cool or interesting, have no particular interest to them. meanwhile, getting a couple bucks or a piece that they'd love to own. To supplant their collection.

Just thinkin.

I've thought about a similar idea before and I know detectorist that will buy similar items they detect because they collect said objects.
For instance, I know someone that loves to find buttons. They also buy similar buttons online for their collection and display both side by side.
Me personally, I don't really like buying or trading for stuff that I detect. To me it's like seeded hunts. Sure, they can be fun but all that silver and CW bullets have little meaning to me since I didn't really find them.
Even though that's how I feel, I think your idea has legs. In fact, I could be tempted to list stuff I've found that I do not care about in the chance to swap it for silver or whatever.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That'd be cool! Between boyscout stuff and old tootsie toys, I'm bound to have SOMETHING someone is Interested in LOL

Good idea. I collect old elongated/smashed pennies and civil war tokens. I see them found from time to time and am always jealous.

PM me your address. I'd love you to have all the smashed pennies I've found. I've appreciated your posts. Consider it fan mail!

Seriously, I'd like you to have them. I have quite a few, if I remember right. I'll dig them out of the collection for you.

PM me your address. I'd love you to have all the smashed pennies I've found. I've appreciated your posts. Consider it fan mail!

Seriously, I'd like you to have them. I have quite a few, if I remember right. I'll dig them out of the collection for you.

Thanks so much! I sent you a PM

I collect rosaries, religious medals, crosses, junk rings and any and all junk jewelry.
I use recycled rosary parts to make new rosaries out of them.
AND ANYTHING WITH BATS! Love them flyers!
Sage(Not particular)Grouse

That's what I'm talking about right there. I have some old medals and a junk ring or two. They're sitting in a box in my closet. Glad somebody can use them. Sage, PM me your address, I'll mail them out to ya.

I used to collect old wooden hand planes. Then I realized I’m going to have to sell it all one day and stopped. Lol!

Are they users? I was buying hand tools to use but can’t seem to get my bench done...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They all have blades so I would say yes but probably the Stanley’s with the metal bases would be a better bench choice. I have several of those too.

I collect coins. Looking for 1 of each no matter the value I just feel they are all art. I look forward to having a large collection one day. I have found 7 new foreign coins and 5 tokens since I started metal detecting. They washed up on a beach and ended up in a 2x2. I would be willing to take your coins and give them a home and a place in my heart and collection.

Just need to find a pulltab collector!
I'm your huckleberry!
YES, I actually DO collect pulltabs! Why? I am a member of the Lions club in Santa Fe. We collect and deliver old pulltabs to the Ronald McDonald House here in SF. They sell them to recycle and this gives them money to help parents with children who are receiving cancer treatments.
To ALL Mders out there, YES I WILL take your pulltabs! We need them. PM me for my address.
Sage(Not Kidding!)Grouse

Dog registration tags and badges are some of my favourite things to find. Headstamps are also pretty cool to find especially ones you haven't seen before.

Back
Top Bottom