• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Forest fires help find bottles

Absolutely and it's usually priced less than the other brands.

Yeah Pepsi and Coke here pay stores for less RC rows. You may find 20 rows of coke 2 litres and only one RC row hid. Used to be the saying an RC and a moon pie. I used to like RC back in the real sugar days

Yeah 10-4 Our Wallyworld and Meijer stores carry Royal Crown but you have to search for it sometimes. Speaking of the real sugar days, you can still get Mtn. Dew, Pepsi, and a few other "retro" sodas with real sugar if you search hard enough. I even saw Sugar Dr. Pepper in a mint green carton once or twice but it's very hard to come by, I think. I know Mexican Coke still uses real sugar also.

For your enjoyment!

Back about 1979, for about one month I drove the Dr. Pepper truck delivering Coca-Cola products for the local Coca-Cola bottler. It was a hot June, and man was that hard, hot work! This was back in the returnable bottle days, and I had to collect the empties from the customers, too. :( Anyway, while I was driving my truck I used to have this song as an ear worm in my brain:

:grin:

A lot of expertise here. Thank you for sharing your stories. Helps me figure out what I find.

We've had a rash of brush fires where I live the last few months, and the OP is exactly right, much easier to find things.

This is what I came across on my search.

Attachments

• 19222891_10207357547456888_1401694306684962328_o.jpg
    19222891_10207357547456888_1401694306684962328_o.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
I left em alone for now. There is a government entity on the island that removes and destroys ordnance like this. I'll contact them once the main guy is back from vacation and let them know where they are at.

They are away from people and have been here since 1944 anyway.

Back
Top Bottom