Treasure signs & symbols

Shanghai

Hi all - I'm thinking of building a database of signs and symbols, and wondering which software package would be best. I'm guessing I'd have to draw each individual symbol freehand (Photoshop?) and then link to another document with the description. Would it be possible to create True Type Fonts so I could use the symbols in Office? Is the project even do-able? I ain't no programmer. Thanks!

:?:

I use CorelDraw to create artwork for company logos (I have a small advertising specialties business) - it would be better if you're actually drawing something. Or, if you have some photos that you want to lift the signs & symbols from, CorelDraw has the ability to do that, too.

MTW, even if you were to draw the symbols freehand on paper. If you feel comfortable with your drawing abilities. Then scanning them and save as a PDF, it would seem this might be fairly easy.

It sounds like a(nother) project I'd never finish! My original line of thinking was drawing the symbols in Photoshop, saving as .jpg's, then linking each drawing to it's description (an MS Word doc?) At this point, I think I'll just keep using my books.... there are thousands of symbols out there....

Back
Top Bottom