• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

connecticut leads??

mkinct

does anyone have any leads in connecticut for caches and burried money...if so i am willing to do research and look into such leads and try for them if any one has any leads let me know please

If you are willing to do research you may want to start there not too sure many people would want to give up the location of a cache especially.HH

i know sharing such info about a family or friend that burried a cache i am talking more about like old folk lore and if the chance arises i would love to help try and locate a cache..but the only thing i am coming across ..is well nothing..a few ghost towns but other then that nada any information welcolme

Bob

Thx for posting that site but none of that stuff is still there its all built up even the marsh has been removed. There are treasure stories about the local islands that I have but I'm sure its all just legends :D

I know area's in Norwalk here that have evidence of Indians because I have found arrowheads and such but I don't have any real interest in that kind of stuff.

I've only heard 1 story.

In downtown Shelton there was a silverplate company right alongside the river. In the 1940's the workers were told that the 3-4 story factory was going to start making ammunition and stuff for the war. The workers were so mad that they took all the silver bars and threw them out the window.

The guy that told me this, saw it happen. He was about 9 years old and witnessed it. What happen to the bars? I don't know. Maybe the workers went out and scarfed them up after work? It's possible that some went into the river though.

That one sounds a little dubious to me. I find it hard to believe that since most everyone had friends and family fighting in the war that they would be upset about making ammuniton for them. Might have been something else the nine year old saw going on.

True, I guess in the eyes of a 9 yr old, that would appear to be the case. But the guy was 62 when he told me this story. Regardless, he did see the bars flying out the window, for whatever reason, who knows?

He also said he went looking for them but couldn't find any.

bobbulge said:

Amazing! I grew up right there, in that exact neighborhood. (Born in Stamford, grew up in Norwalk, and currently living in Northeast PA.) In that link I can see a house I rented for years, and a restaurant that's currently owned by a cousin of mine. I wish I was into metal detecting when I was younger. Thanks for that link, with the history and old photos, of my childhood home! I never saw that before.

Re: Connecticut leads??

Here ya go http://www.ghostvillage.com/legends/dudleytown.shtml I used to live in this part of CT and brought my CZ-20 up there bout mile walk up the mountain, but didn't get a Blip? Of course I didn't know how to use the detector. :mad:

oops should have read it first :shock: "Note from the Connecticut State Police: Those who go, or attempt to go to Dudleytown will be arrested for trespassing and/or parking. The fines start at $75.00 per person and rapidly increase."

Of course I went there before all this nonsense.. :lol:

Dudleytown is a hoax.. there is nothing supernatural about it :)

What happened was the people grew rye and it became moldy and when the ate it they hallucinated I read somewhere it was like tripping on LSD and some of them became violent and killed each other.

I've been there as well but too many nut jobs walking around for my tastes lol..

Back
Top Bottom