Pre-beginner’s luck - My best find came before my first detector! - UPDATE: fake

El Cheapo

Eyeball find at the end of a gravel driveway of a long-abandoned house. Lots of little dings and road rash, makes me wonder how long it was out there. No idea if the stone is real, but 12g of 14k is plenty respectable on its own!

Attachments

• 80369D59-8933-483C-A8F5-138193F819B4.jpg
    80369D59-8933-483C-A8F5-138193F819B4.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,301
Last edited:
You don't usually put fake diamonds on real gold. I'm sure the stone is real too. Great find. Congrats.

They sometimes do put fake diamonds on real gold...but not on a HONKER like that! ChaChinnnngg!
But, sadly now, metal detecting will be in dangerous "boredom" territory. :roll:
WHo knows? Maybe you'll find even better with a detector. GL & HH

UPDATE: Took it in to a trusted local jeweler (thanks Yelp!), and not only is the stone CZ, the band turned out to be some kind of plated brass with a counterfeit stamp. Easy come, easy go, I guess - and now I know a good place to get stuff tested for free in the future!

You don't usually put fake diamonds on real gold. I'm sure the stone is real too. Great find. Congrats.

They put fake stone in real gold all the time. I have even found 21k gold with fake stones. Jewler said it is because the gold purity is more important to the hindi community than the stones.

Back
Top Bottom