Yet another noob Nox question

RFWoodVT

Been getting a lot of solid, repeatable tones especially in the mid to upper 20 vdi range but absolutely no depth indication...in fact the "depth" shovel and triangles don't even show up on the screen.

I haven't dug any yet and will start doing so, but I didn't have a big shovel in case this lack of depth indication suggested waaaaayyy deep.

Anyone else see this on their NOX and what might it mean?

Been getting a lot of solid, repeatable tones especially in the mid to upper 20 vdi range but absolutely no depth indication...in fact the "depth" shovel and triangles don't even show up on the screen.

I haven't dug any yet and will start doing so, but I didn't have a big shovel in case this lack of depth indication suggested waaaaayyy deep.

I have noticed this a few times.

slow down your swing speed and you "should" get a depth reading.
the ones I found when dug were more on edge..

I have occasionally. I also haven't dug them, mostly due to my perception of their relative depth and the fact that the red clay around here is ROCK hard right now. It is all I can do to get to 6" without breaking out the big shovel.

BCD

...slow down your swing speed and you "should" get a depth reading.
the ones I found when dug were more on edge..

That's what I first thought and did but slowing down and every other trick
could muster didn't result in the depth indicator lighting up at all.

That's what I first thought and did but slowing down and every other trick
could muster didn't result in the depth indicator lighting up at all.

That seems like a glitch or something. Usually, a couple swings back and forth over a target will bring the depth meter back. If yours is not coming back like it should, the first thing I would try is a factory reset. Then noise cancel, ground balance, and start over.

First, run the updater to get the latest software.

Next, use your pinpoint mode. If the target screams at you, its surface. If its soft and tiny, then its very deep (or very small).

I ran into this a few times when I first started with my 600 but would dig anyway, because I'm just that curious. Most of the time the targets were less than 6 inches deep in the soil. I would do a 90' sweep back and forth, going slow to find the target, pin point it and sure enough, though the detector doesn't show depth or even max depth, the coin or object is usually 6" or less..

Keep up with it, explore what it can do, this is a very capable machine though not the easiest to learn.. after much practice it will start speaking to you ;)

Best of luck

I have countless hours on my Nox and I can say that I have NEVER looked at the depth indicator. Its of no use to me for my style of hunting. I typically dont leave anything in the ground other than iron where I hunt. Same goes for the pinpoint button. Totally useless to me

Back
Top Bottom