Coil2theSoil's YouTube Vids

Coil2theSoil

Got my first MD YouTube up!

It is a work in progress for sure, but I posted my first metal detecting video on YouTube. There will be more and I will get better at the whole filming and editing as well.

I really like the process and hope to have some more very soon!

https://youtu.be/6gM4AMj8Oo0

Matt
Coil 2 the Soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a work in progress for sure, but I posted my first metal detecting video on YouTube. There will be more and I will get better at the whole filming and editing as well.

I really like the process and hope to have some more very soon!

https://youtu.be/6gM4AMj8Oo0

Matt
Coil 2 the Soil

Those are way better than my videos (which are just snaps of movie, no editing. LOL)

Nicely done! I've subscribed. Looking forward to more. :)

Those are way better than my videos (which are just snaps of movie, no editing. LOL)

Nicely done! I've subscribed. Looking forward to more. :)

Thank you! Hoping to get weekly updates going on, depending on my schedule.

What editing software do you use? Good video! Well done.

Thank you! I am using iMovie right now and it's being shot on my iPhone 6s.

Thinking of using my wife's Nikon D3100 for some footage.

New video posted!

What a waste of time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! Thank you. I am learning my new machine and it's operation. At the same time, I am learning to document my finds and edit them into a small video. One thing I have learned is that you dig everything at first to get used to your detector. Unfortunately, the areas I am hunting in now is quite trash riddled. This is by design though as I am trying to figure out my Garrett. There will be more "exciting" locations to come, I promise.

As for being a waste of time, I appreciate your feedback but a little more constructive criticism would be be more helpful. Keep checking out my videos and keep letting me know your thoughts; just make sure that they're constructive or helpful and not so barbed and vague. Thank you again!!

Last edited:
Loved the scenery of the river. I would not show anything that is improper it took away the hunt for me. Marcelle

Great work! Keep it up, I've just started live videos myself and it's as easy as it looks, especially using your phone. Happy hunting!

Take a look at my evening hunt!

https://youtu.be/zApMa3fpRfc

Keep working at it your on the right path. Videoing the VDI's along with the tones will help you learn your machine better.

If you can find a flexible camera arm for your camera it will help you steady over the screen for your reviewing later when you watch.

Also raising the coil on some of those too good to be true signals can be telling, and keep you from digging a lot of cans.

New video posted!

Great work! Keep it up, I've just started live videos myself and it's as easy as it looks, especially using your phone. Happy hunting!

Thank you. I have some ground lined up for some good hunts very soon.

Keep working at it your on the right path. Videoing the VDI's along with the tones will help you learn your machine better.

If you can find a flexible camera arm for your camera it will help you steady over the screen for your reviewing later when you watch.

Also raising the coil on some of those too good to be true signals can be telling, and keep you from digging a lot of cans.

I am looking at mounting my phone (maybe eventual GoPro) to my machine. My wife is an amazing camera operator too!

Thank you for the tip in raising the coil. I am dry sponge for any and all ideas and tips.

Good seeing real hunting! Like someone said, show more tones. That round thing might be a toss toy, along the lines of a Frisbee; maybe for dogs.
The music vol. at the end was blasting!
Maybe avoid saying "roundness". Definitely avoid "nectar" or "pock".
The pacing was ok, maybe edit tighter. A little swing and beep, the numbers, a little show, then repeat.

Good seeing real hunting! Like someone said, show more tones. That round thing might be a toss toy, along the lines of a Frisbee; maybe for dogs.

The music vol. at the end was blasting!

Maybe avoid saying "roundness". Definitely avoid "nectar" or "pock".

The pacing was ok, maybe edit tighter. A little swing and beep, the numbers, a little show, then repeat.

Definitely helpful! Thank you for your insight. Once we get to a better ground, I'm hoping that we find better targets, but I am going to show the junk as well.

The iMovie app I use for editing is getting easier for me as I go on. Tighter editing is definitely needed and the volume of the music at the end wasn't noticed until after my upload. All this will be worked on in future projects. I am looking at more copyright-free music as well.

Thank you again for the help.

Definitely helpful! Thank you for your insight. Once we get to a better ground, I'm hoping that we find better targets, but I am going to show the junk as well.

The iMovie app I use for editing is getting easier for me as I go on. Tighter editing is definitely needed and the volume of the music at the end wasn't noticed until after my upload. All this will be worked on in future projects. I am looking at more copyright-free music as well.

Thank you again for the help.

Thank you. I'll check it out.

Back
Top Bottom