Next Deus accessory?? Your advice?!?!

Planedoc

I purchased an XP Deus as a retirement gift to myself back in July. I bought the 11 in coil, remote, water proof kit and hard case. A couple of weeks ago I added an MI-6 pinpointer. I now feel comfortable enough with the Deus to let my trusty AT Pro go! A friend I have been hunting with wants it as his first detector. I've decided to reinvest the cash into the Deus. I'd like to know what you all think should be my next accessory. I'm leaning toward the 11 x 13 in coil as about all I do is coin shooting and it would allow more coverage per swing. It appears to me that the new HF coils are mostly for gold and smaller targets. I'm not looking to find the Ark of the Covenant in Kansas and don't plan on traveling to exotic places to detect.

Last edited:
I would go the other way and get a snake coil if it's available for the Deus. It was a great addition for the ATP

I own 2 Deus units and most all accessories except the HF coils. I would say my favorite extra is my 11 X 13 coil. It stays on one of my units at all times and has brought me home some deeeeeeep silvers. Also like you say, it gives a bit more coverage and if you are doing fields or open areas then it is great for that and also with the reactivity of the deus you can still use this coil in trashy areas.

I would say my favorite extra is my 11 X 13 coil.

That's why I'm leaning toward the 11 x 13. As I've posted before, Kansas doesn't have a colonial past. I'm not worried that I'm going to miss anything special. Coin shooting for clad gets me out of my wife's hair a couple of days a week. I dug my first Merc last week and an undated Buff the week before. I'm extremely happy with my current setup!

The only problem I can see is fitting the 11x13 and the 11 in coil in the hard case!!! I'm guessing that the 11 in. coil came after the design of the hard case! I'm betting XP redesigns or comes out with a different model of the hard case soon!

Thanks for your input!!

Get yourself a nice bag to protect and organize your Deus and gear! $150, and a purchase I do not regret!

I have this case and am able to fit both my Deus units and 3 coils in it with room to spare. I think I ended up paying $69.99 with free shipping when I bought mine.
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Plan...VhEOGCh10FA51EAQYAiABEgKDZ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Nice for throwing into the truck. I like mine, though, because I can sling it on my back and ride my bike with it. Quick release buckle so I don't have to pull my helmet off to drop it. And it's nicely padded and water resistant. Excellent bit of kit!

Attachments

• 20170906_182055sm.jpg
    20170906_182055sm.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 163
Nice for throwing into the truck. I like mine, though, because I can sling it on my back and ride my bike with it. Quick release buckle so I don't have to pull my helmet off to drop it. And it's nicely padded and water resistant. Excellent bit of kit!

Very nice! And compact also. Even though it is a crime against nature, I have been known to pack my Deus in my Minelab backpack for woods hunting:cool:

Once again the advice and guidance I've received from this forum is outstanding!!! I can't express my thanks enough!

I've ordered an 11X13 coil from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. I considered a HF coil and/or a pair of WS5 head phones. I went with the 11X13 so I could cover more ground per swing and get just a little bit deeper. As I stated I don't expect to find Jimmy Hoffa's body, gold nuggets or anything from the Titanic here in Kansas so an HF coil was down on the list!

Please don't hesitate to take me up on this offer!: http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=151353 (These fit the XP MI-6 pinpointer like a glove!!!)

I started with the 9" and wanted more coverage and depth and got the 11" I recently sold the 9" and got the 6x9 HF because the soil is fairly mineralized here in WNY, and I'm often in high trash ground. I talked to several people and believe the 6x9 will really get in between the junk and find tough to get and on-edge coins. So I think it is a big upgrade over the 9"

The 11x13 is older tech than the 11" and I hear not very balanced. I feel like if I did fields all day it would be the coil for me, but I very rarely do a field.

Back
Top Bottom