Amazing Story

MattInPhila

Thought I`d share an experience I had about ten years ago. One night on my way home from work, I was riding the bus (as usual). As fate has it, there was only one seat left and it was next to me. A fella got on the bus and took the last seat next to me. He was an older man probably near retirement. I could tell he was a construction worker because his "suit" looked dirty from a long day. After a few blocks, he asked me if I knew anything about coins. I said "yeah, a little bit". He then pulled out from his pocket a 1914 $5 Indian Head Gold coin! He told me while demolishing a house that day, he stumbled upon a jar full of them inside the wall of the house!!!! I almost flipped, but I didn`t want to attract attention. I calmly told him "You really have something there". lol. That coin was pristine and he said the others were just like it! That really made my day!

Whoa....I think my mouth would've hit the floor! Good for that guy...hope he made a mint off his find! ;)

Thanks for the story! Hank 8)

Now that is a great story ... I can't even imagine finding a jar full of gold coins ... or any coins for that matter ... that's what dreams are made of!

This reminds me of a story in the latest edition of the "red book" about some boys in Baltimore who found a cache of over 3,000 gold coins from the 1850s in the cellar of a home. This happened about 1934. Great story, Matt. Did you offer him $20 for the coin? :lol: :lol: That would be four times face value.

Back
Top Bottom