So much fun in a single hour

Call Me V

Mark got us permission to search the yard of a 1940's house right after school. We only had an hour to search (but can go back later). We dug a lot of holes in that hour and found a lot of coins, but nothing old... with a couple of exceptions. Here's some of my good finds.

I found a Fossil watch. It's in nice shape, but the crystal needs to be replaced. I found a chauffeur's license badge, a 1950 Rosie, and a 1963 ten cintimes coin from France.

We've only been hunting parks, so it was different to do an old yard. Oh my gosh, I had to really learn how to listen to the sounds. There was so much trash. What I did learn is that I can dig a hole and fill it in and make it look like I wasn't there. The homeowner was impressed by how we left things.

Attachments

• IMG_1208.JPG
    IMG_1208.JPG
    144 KB · Views: 512
Great hunt, I like that badge too! I found a 1919 chauffeur's badge last year, but it was pretty toasted.
Shawn

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nice badge! I've only found one of those. 1932 I think. It's been fun to follow your progress. You've done excellent in a short time. I think it's safe to say your learning curve has been much shorter than most. Great job.

Wonderful finds, V! You guys are really tearing it up lately - you're off to a fine start in the hobby. Absolutely love the chauffer's license badge - I've yet to find one of those. And that French coin is a cool, unique find as well!

Back
Top Bottom