Day Trip To Vermont

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Tuesday Sue and I headed up to Vermont to see the fall foliage. The colors were about halfway to "peak" and the weather was nice, though a bit warmer than usual for this time of year. We stopped off at a roadside stand so that Sue could buy some pumpkins and vegetables and then stopped off in Bennington for dinner at Madison Brewing Company.

Attachments

• IMG_0044.JPG
    IMG_0044.JPG
    191.1 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_0047.jpg
    IMG_0047.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    169.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 166
Nice time of year for a visit to VT, did you bring back some cheese too? Grafton cheese set up a place in Brattleboro that is well worth the visit. When I used to live up there I really liked the Grafton Gold cheddar, aged something like 4 years, when you bit in to it the salt crystals crunched.

Nice time of year for a visit to VT, did you bring back some cheese too? Grafton cheese set up a place in Brattleboro that is well worth the visit. When I used to live up there I really liked the Grafton Gold cheddar, aged something like 4 years, when you bit in to it the salt crystals crunched.
We didn't bring back any cheese although our route across route 9 took us through Brattleboro. I'd like to see the inside of the old Latchis theater there one of these days.

No trip to Vermont is complete without a Heady Topper - if you can find a place that has it on tap. Neigh impossible to get at a packy unless you know the delivery schedule and get there early.

No trip to Vermont is complete without a Heady Topper - if you can find a place that has it on tap. Neigh impossible to get at a packy unless you know the delivery schedule and get there early.
Never had a Heady Topper. My favorite brew is Steel Rail Ale by Berkshire Brewing Company. In Vermont I had one called "Sucker Pond Blonde".

Back
Top Bottom