Two nickels

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Hunted the local park again yesterday. I dug two nickels, two clad dimes, 18 (mostly zinc)pennies, and another rusty pocket knife...plus the usual junk targets. No pic of the knife; it got tossed with the junk.
The two nickels are the 1936 buffalo and the '42 war nickel shown. Those gouges on the back of the war nickel were already there; not from me. :no:
The black sphere is a rubber coated ball bearing. Never seen one like it before. It gave a solid 13 on the nox. The buffalo nickel read 11 to 13; mostly 12. The S mint war nickel read 13 to 14.
Just another fun little hunt 2 blocks from home, bringing my silver coin count to 43 FTY. :D

Attachments

• DSCN8272.jpg
    DSCN8272.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 222
  • DSCN8276.jpg
    DSCN8276.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 184
Nice finds there! You're tied with me on silvers now.....been kind of a slow year for silvers it seems.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Love that Buffalo, and the war nickel is beautiful also!! Congrats!!!
Thank you! This is Buffalo #6 and War #7 for me this year. They both are a fun find.

Nice finds there! You're tied with me on silvers now.....been kind of a slow year for silvers it seems.

Thanks! Now, if I could only tie you with IH's...:lol:...not gonna happen. :lol:

Thank you! This is Buffalo #6 and War #7 for me this year. They both are a fun find.

Thanks! Now, if I could only tie you with IH's...[emoji38]...not gonna happen. [emoji38]
[emoji28] Yeah, the Indianheads kind of took the place of the silver I normally dig....you won't catch me complaining though. Hopefully it doesn't snow again tomorrow.... I feel like there's a few Indians that need digging tomorrow [emoji6]

Nice pair of nickels! I havent dug a war nickel in quite some time. Good looking pair.

Nice digs Blaise. I always enjoy digging Buffalo's and War Nickel's. Congrats! Trapper
Thanks Trapper. Me too!
Nice pair of nickels! I havent dug a war nickel in quite some time. Good looking pair.
You know, I think this is the 3rd time this year I dug a buff and a war nickel in the same hunt. Thanks.
Nice going on the Nickels !

Thanks S.S. The Nox rings up the nickels a little clearer than my White's. That helps.

Back
Top Bottom