No Headphones for Me for a While. Wear Your Sunscreen Kiddos. Silver #52

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
All the sunburns of my youth caught up to me. Lost some of my ear to Melonoma. Had to go headphoneless this afternoon. Still managed to squeak out a 1948 Rosie from a heavily detected park. Brightened my day! Thanks for looking. I also found something odd that I am posting in the ID section.

Attachments

• 20181001_153820_resized.jpg
    20181001_153820_resized.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 20181001_124438_resized.jpg
    20181001_124438_resized.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 295
  • 20181001_101205_resized.jpg
    20181001_101205_resized.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 299
Sorry to hear about your ear! Hope you heal up quickly! But nice save with the silver Rosie!

You look like you had fight with Mike Tyson!!:lol::laughing:
Seriously though, I think I am right behind you.
When I was a kid (early 70's) we spent all damn day outside all summer long.
It is catching up with me too, luckily just one spot on my cheek so far...

Happy they found the cancer! My wife is a surgical dermatologist. She sees and operates on cancer daily. So I'm a bit familiar with that stuff, and have had a few minor skin surgeries also. She says I can never go into the sun again. LOL:laughing:

Really, though! You're blessed to find the Melanoma early. That stuff is BAD if not caught in time because it gets into the lymph nodes and spreads its cells all over your body. Keep up with the skin checks and cover up!

EXACTLY! Heck, same here. We usually got a sunburn first thing every summer. "Go out, get some sun, it's healthy." they said. Now it's not so much fun. :-)

Happy they found the cancer! My wife is a surgical dermatologist. She sees and operates on cancer daily. So I'm a bit familiar with that stuff, and have had a few minor skin surgeries also. She says I can never go into the sun again. LOL:laughing:

Really, though! You're blessed to find the Melanoma early. That stuff is BAD if not caught in time because it gets into the lymph nodes and spreads its cells all over your body. Keep up with the skin checks and cover up!

EXACTLY! Heck, same here. We usually got a sunburn first thing every summer. "Go out, get some sun, it's healthy." they said. Now it's not so much fun. :-)

Right! Glad I caught it early. The sun blistered my ears all the summers of my childhood. It was good for you!
Just had the repair done today. They made a huge flap of skin from behind my ear. And rotated it all around. Then sewed it all together. I not really sure how it worked. I didnt want to see any of it.

Nice snag! Bummer on the ear, hope it heals quick, congrats!

Sorry to hear about your ear! Hope you heal up quickly! But nice save with the silver Rosie!

Thanks guys. Went back to the surgeon yesterday to get my ear repaired from the cancer removal. Heres a diagram of what they did. Kind of interesting. Not exactly a pleasant experience.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181003-100002_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20181003-100002_Samsung Internet.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 202
Thanks guys. Went back to the surgeon yesterday to get my ear repaired from the cancer removal. Heres a diagram of what they did. Kind of interesting. Not exactly a pleasant experience.

Dang!! That just looks painful as all get out. Not sure a Rosie dime would brighten my mood one bit....congrats though. It is one of the reasons I wear a Sahara ball hat every time I go out and the sun is out...baseball hat with fabric panels that flow in the back and sides to protect my ears....

Dang!! That just looks painful as all get out. Not sure a Rosie dime would brighten my mood one bit....congrats though. It is one of the reasons I wear a Sahara ball hat every time I go out and the sun is out...baseball hat with fabric panels that flow in the back and sides to protect my ears....

Thanks buddy. I found that Rosie on the first day. They just took the bad spot out that day. The reconstruction was the next day. Lol. Feels like someone's holding a hot iron to my ear. You're right. I'm not sure 100 Rosie's would help my mood today. Haha. Life goes on.

did the sun destroy the top of your right ear or what? Sunscreen or wear one of those over the ear hats that also drape the back of the neck. cause people forget about the meaty parts of their neck and nose...:(

Dont want to mess around with that stuff. Cut it out. It can be a killer.

You got that right - I lost my Dad to cancer that started as skin cancer but ended up getting past the lymph nodes and spread everywhere. Truly a vile disease.

Good you caught it early, SW...and from the looks of your diagram for the procedure, may not even be able to tell it was done once it heals. Back to headphones just in time for the cold months :yes:

Nice job on the hunt - a shiny Rosie is pretty good medicine!

Back
Top Bottom