Finds from 10 days of detecting ($300+ in change, platinum, silver etc)

sandgroper

Elite Member
Just recently came back from a 10 day holiday, and here’s what I found during it. I spent a fair bit of time detecting (about 5-6 hours per day). Most of the modern coins came from parks, however I did do some shallow water hunting so I got a few there as well. One day in particular I hunted a popular tourist beach and a strip of lawn in front of a restaurant and got over $101 which is a new personal best. :)

I also did a bit of research before going on holiday and found out about an old school site. I think a lot of the top soil was removed, but I still managed two silver sixpences (1958 and 1963) and a halfpenny (1949).

Other interesting finds include a 1924 threepence, a silver turtle pendant, another halfpenny, a tungsten carbide ring, a souvenir coin from the region, a few dog tags and some foreign coins including a zinc penny.

But by far the best find of the trip is my first platinum cartier ring. I’m glad I didn’t ignore this signal (12:03), because I normally skip anything under 12:05. Now I’ll be digging everything non-ferrous (I’m saying that now, but in a few months time I’ll probably start slacking off again if I don’t find anything good :lol:)

And I just realised that I finally paid off my CTX in change, took about 11 months but I eventually got there :D

Attachments

• cartier resize.jpg
    cartier resize.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 720
  • everything resize.jpg
    everything resize.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 742
  • foreign coins resize.jpg
    foreign coins resize.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 722
  • IMG_2320.jpg
    IMG_2320.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 717
  • m. river resize.jpg
    m. river resize.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 728
  • more coins resize.jpg
    more coins resize.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 733
  • the rings resize.jpg
    the rings resize.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 718
  • threepence resize.jpg
    threepence resize.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 724
Big Congrats on a great week! You have some really nice finds. I sure wish that we had bunches of large denomination coins to detect.

beephead

+1 on taking a trip to Australia , never been there. Congrats on the holiday, ring, clad, and payin off your machine!

What super holiday!! Your clad total is unreal!

Thanks NCtoad! :grin:

Big Congrats on a great week! You have some really nice finds. I sure wish that we had bunches of large denomination coins to detect.

beephead

Thanks beephead! Can't wait for my next holiday! :)

I think I need to go Down Under. Great vacation!!!

BCD

Thanks BCD, you're welcome over here any time! ;)

+1 on taking a trip to Australia , never been there. Congrats on the holiday, ring, clad, and payin off your machine!

Thank you, you're always welcome to come! :)

That’s an awesome way to spend a holiday! Congrats on the finds

Thanks ISU Boomer! :grin:

Epic hunting there, wow! That platty is sweeeeeet! Hope to find platinum some day! You got some amazing $ there in coins too! Looks like a ton of fun there! Congrats!

Now that’s what you call a holiday! Great results. How did you pack your CTX?

Ten day Holiday! are you serious amigo?!?! I think I'm moving to WA pronto:lol: What a great long Holiday you had SG, Congrats to ya.

Epic hunting there, wow! That platty is sweeeeeet! Hope to find platinum some day! You got some amazing $ there in coins too! Looks like a ton of fun there! Congrats!

Thanks Groundsweeper! :)

Now that’s what you call a holiday! Great results. How did you pack your CTX?

Thanks Saoirse! I didn't fold the CTX up, it's already quite small when the shaft is fully in, so I just placed it on top of the bags in the back of the car. I had to rotate the coil a bit so the detector can lie flat. :)

Congrats on a super vacation with lots of good finds.

Thank you! :grin:

WOW! Look at the stacks of coinage!:shock: Congrats on the nice haul and sniffing out that Cartier ring!

Thanks Waveoff! Hoping my next platinum isn't too far away! :)

Ten day Holiday! are you serious amigo?!?! I think I'm moving to WA pronto:lol: What a great long Holiday you had SG, Congrats to ya.

Thanks BuscaPlata! School holidays are my favourite time of the year ;)

$2110 USD retail on that ring! Awesome find!

Thanks! Someone must've been pretty disappointed to lose it, I've advertised it on a few Facebook pages so either the owner comes forward, or it'll be a keeper. :)

Paid a CTX w change/clad in 11 months. Wow!
And great on silver , slayed it. O my...

:dingding:Sweet on that Cartier and what an awesome amount of clad! I had a 5 day hunt at a Boy Scout camp a few years back that was a huge trove of clad but amount wise due to our clad denomination was no where near yours.

Back
Top Bottom