A little gold & stuff today

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Hit a couple play lots today - dug a bunch of coins, a cop car, Cylon ship or whatever, and a thin gold ring. Dug about 14 nickels.

Here's the 10 K ring on the left and a non precious one on the right. The gold ring was not stamped but looked like gold and when I saw that the joint had been soldered with what looked like gold I tested it and it is clearly 10 K.

A Happy valentine's Day to all - going to Red Lobster for the present , Steve in so az

Attachments

• take 2.jpg
    take 2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 107
  • ring 2.jpg
    ring 2.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 112
Love those tot lots! Good going!

steve in so az said:
Hit a couple play lots today - dug a bunch of coins, a cop car, Cylon ship or whatever, and a thin gold ring. Dug about 14 nickels.

Here's the 10 K ring on the left and a non precious one on the right. The gold ring was not stamped but looked like gold and when I saw that the joint had been soldered with what looked like gold I tested it and it is clearly 10 K.

A Happy valentine's Day to all - going to Red Lobster for the present , Steve in so az
......What do you use to test your gold Steve?

Rusty - Gold test kit - acid drops on a scratch of gold. Different drops are different karat tests. Online sites sell them, steve

Stick - No it was quieter - but definitely a diggable target. When I get lots of nickels I know the gold may be there yet also. I dug 17 nickels at this one site out of the 70 some coins. Someone had gotten there before me but on high discrimination. I see this more & more here, steve

Back
Top Bottom