Rainy Day Beach Finds ... and My First Ring!

SeaToSky69

Another rainy day in Seattle, but I hit a local freshwater beach anyway. I had vowed before I got there that I would dig everything, and at first it was pull-tab city, so I was very discouraged. But then I got near the lifeguard chair and dug up the sterling ring with the "amethyst" (I think it's a fake stone). This was my first ring since I took up MD'ing a couple months ago, so I was ecstatic! Then I found that weird square-ish sterling ... thing. It had a designer's hallmark, so when I got home I looked it up: Turns out it's a Manhattan jewelry designer named Barry Kieselstein-Cord, and this is part of a belt from his 1981 "Caviar" collection (see link: https://tinyurl.com/yasn4ugc). Then it was back to bottle caps and pieces of foil, until I dug the tiny shovel out of about 8" of wet sand.
If you look at the clad, I found a few regular pennies, but six that were in relative stages of mass decay. Not sure if they saw the business end of a lawnmower or what? Loving my new Garrett AT Pro Pointer! That saved me a ton of hunting time for those tiny bits of metal I came across today.

Such a fun day! Can hardly wait to go out again. Next goal: GOLD ring!!!:digginahole:

Attachments

• IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_3669.jpg
    IMG_3669.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_3659.jpg
    IMG_3659.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 354
Great finds, I wish I could beach hunt but here in wv were kinda screwed lol

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

Congrats on the nice ring. Those 6 pennies are the new zinc they deteriorate real fast in the ground.

Bergie - interesting about the new zinc pennies. What a pain!

And L0S3R - that ring find was on a freshwater lake beach, not the ocean, so just hit your local popular swimming lakes in WV! But it looks like you're doing alright with the 15g platinum ring! OMG! Nice.

Great finds. That stone is probably real. Amethyst is just a semi-precious stone. I could totally see a real one in a nice silver ring like that.

BCD

Congrats on the nice hefty chunk of silver, agree on a ring like that it's probably real amethyst. In dirt those Zink pennies are still o.k. after year one, after year two they get rough blisters on them, year three the edges start getting notches in them. By year four they are two years past useability. This may vary slightly due to ground mineralization.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

How Cool is that! Some of the very best finds are when a guy says to himself.."I know this spot, got it figured out! Old pulltabs be popping, so I'm gonna dig everything!:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom