two hunts cops called both times

Bounder

Went to a different campground Thursday, just a few cars otherwise deserted. After I was there about 20 minutes a car with Conservation police on the side pulled up. The window came down and he put his hands up like a movie director framing a picture and said "do you have a permit to do that". I did and as I was taking it out he said it has to be the right one, he told some people have permits for the city parks which are not valid in the forest preserves. Mine was right so he wished me good luck and have fun then left. I ended the hunt with 29 pennies (no wheats) and 1 dime. I went to my favorite campground today and after some time I saw a car go by very slowly. About 15 minutes later a police cruiser pulls up and its the same guy. I asked him if he was following me. He said theres a couple of old fussbudgets that have nothing better to do than cruise through the parks and preserves all day and look for violators to call about. Don't you love idiots like that? I ended the hunt with a quarter,3 dimes and 11 pennies (again, no wheats) and not a single pulltab.

Attachments

• 1024180915.jpg
    1024180915.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 322
Sorry to hear about your hassle with the "cops". I think many if not most of us have been hassled at one time or another. It's always if some nitwit calls the police...they have to respond. Many times I've been out detecting and a cop goes by and doesn't even give me a second look.

I have never had a problem with the local police. Most already know me by now and just wave or totally ignore me. I try my best to be nice to people and it seems to work for me. I always pick - up trash and dig neat plugs. This system works for me. I have never been ousted by the cops on any of my hunts. I do know some people are a pill but so far I've not had any problems. I like to hunt early and on weekdays "out of sight, out of mind."

Back
Top Bottom