Gold Rush Fort

TrashMasterCCS

Elite Member
Today I followed up on a researched area I had a little luck at last time. I found a brass ring a poor miner wore. My understanding is this area was a fort. I assume the fort was there to protect the miners from Miwok indians. It took me 2.5 hours to get to the site on my bike. From there I was basically wondering
5c21fecb042d828c2a3537aebaf74663.jpg
up stream trying to find a cabin or home site. I finally found one. And while I didn’t find any of the coins I was hoping for I thought I would share some photos of the area. Enjoy...
914833ea2773335460295e1bce385680.jpg
0cb6e7eef48927441ae241873e954ed0.jpg
e1576bfbdc2de6fa5bcbb303bda1256f.jpg
a008055a46dfee29098a7ec2711da00c.jpg
79087f8e08a3351da7f641ed45c17f8d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it will be a good spot! Nice bike! Is that a Xr650? I have a Xr400 that I have the 440 kit and stage 2 cam that I plan on rebuilding and turning street legal.

Looks like it will be a good spot! Nice bike! Is that a Xr650? I have a Xr400 that I have the 440 kit and stage 2 cam that I plan on rebuilding and turning street legal.

Honda 650L. I love it for its practicality. Reliable too

Honda 650L. I love it for its practicality. Reliable too

Yeah that’s why they run the xr’s In the Baja 1000 Reliable bikes for sure. I love my 400 that’s for sure. They have great low end torque. Can’t wait to see what the power bump will be when I rebuild it all while keeping the lightness of it.

Looks like you got an Ox shoe there! That bodes well for the timeframe!

There is no modern trash in the area. I think there might be some early 1900’s but I assume that is from when a mining company came in. The main site has more square nails than I know what to do with. Tried blasting through with my HF coil but no luck. A big problem is forest duff and soft soil. I think most coins are deep.

I love old pocket knives. Those are a "personal effect", as opposed to industrial/commercial type loss/debris. So whenever you have "personal effects" like that (and vintage compacts, harmonica reeds, suspender clips, etc...) is when you have a shot at a period coin too.

Nice pics. A cool hunt as well. Love that old stuff. Love the bikes also. Been thinking of getting one. Just not sure if I'd use it as much as I'd like to. These days my aching body keeps me from enjoying the outdoors like I used to. Bought a 4 wheeler and don't get to use it as much as I'd like to. I used to ride dirt bikes in the 70s, loved it. I know I can't ride like I used to, and I sometimes think what would happen if I bounced off of a tree like I used to and couldn't get back up. Might just have to lay there and be natures offering. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom