Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   River Team 6 Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Everything About Finds > Stories and Pictures of Finds

Notices

Old 10-20-2017, 10:18 PM

Default A first of many things.

Finally found some good stuff for a change. I was lucky enough to find a liberty quarter a few months ago, which was my first silver coin ever dug up. The date was worn off, but I still remember the feeling of seeing that shine, which was unlike anything I experienced my whole time metal detecting. I literally looked up into the sky and screamed lol. Today was one of my best days, which is still pretty amateur compared to a seasoned veteran to this hobby. Nonetheless I still feel blessed to have dug up some of this great stuff, and a decent amount of it is the first of its kind to my collection.

My 3 hours of digging at this site. A bunch of odds and ends, a handful of modern change, 7 wheat pennies, and some awesome stuff

My first barber dime followed by my first mercury dime and a random 1918 Canadian cent. I also found my first Indian head penny. It was extremely tarnished, but I was able to see the date which was 1898

Backs

And what better way to end the hunt then with 2 American flag pins? Both with the clips on the backs

This was unrelated to this hunt, and was found 2 months ago. I never posted the hunt, so I figured I'd post a picture now. The date was unfortunately worn away which is common for these coins, but it's still my favorite nonetheless. I'll never forget the feeling of seeing this looking at me in a pile of dirt while looking exactly like it does in the picture.

Old 10-20-2017, 10:28 PM
Supporter

That was an outstanding hunt! Congrats on your firsts and other nice finds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Old 10-21-2017, 06:56 AM
Supporter

Beautiful finds you got there! Great write up about the strange kind of thrill a silver coin found in the dirt gives a person...Nice work all around, Can you believe it? As long as I have been hunting, I have NOT found a Stander! Thats the thing about this Sport, every days a treasure hunt!...You are doing very well! Congratulations!

Detecting is the study of Mankinds interaction with topography, the untrustworthiness of pockets, and metals desire to return to the Earth from whence it came.

Old 10-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Elite Member

Great finds! I gotta get me a stander, like today! Lol congrats!

☆Gold-1~V's-3~Buff-11☆

Old 10-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Elite Member

Great Hunt! Silver and Flags..Cant beat that!