The impossible becomes possible!

Chipk

Elite Member
I LOVE finding quarters. Other than yellow sparkly stuff, I live to see 84-87 come up on my ATP or 42 on my xTerra 705. I never believed I could tire seeing those numbers along with a high tone. But this evening it kind of happened.
This morning I went to the beach where pickings were very slim. Found a half dozen pennies, some dimes and two quarters along with a fair amount of trash.
Ho hum.
This evening I went to a youth football field on the outskirts of town that I had found a couple of months ago and had worked about half of one of two practice fields. I found a few coins but had not returned. So I decided to go back as I felt there was stuff to find. When I arrived I found the field newly mown and moved to the spot I last remembered searching. I immediately found a quarter. And another. And then more.
It was soon getting dark but in less than an hour I found 18 quarters in addition to 2 nickels, 2 dimes and 3 pennies. Trash was minimal. HOWEVER I WAS KIND OF WISHING THE NEARLY CONSTANT SOUND OF THE HIGH TONES WOULD STOP!
YES. I was starting to regret finding so many quarters. They were nearly all at a depth of 6 inches down and sometimes a challenge to retrieve. I had Pneumonia recently and am still not at full strength. The heat and humidity was taking its toll and I had already done a hunt in soft sand.
I was getting very tired.
But my remaining strength and the remaining sunlight ended together in a photo finish.
As it began to get too dark to dig, I crossed over to the second field and worked my way down the nearest sideline on my way back to my Jeep. Quickly 4 more quarters went into my pouch. Happily I still have about a quarter of the first field to work and almost the entire second field. I hope the trend of quarter finds continue. I also feel sure there is a ring or two buried there.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 160
Yeah buddy! I love a good quarter signal. They can literally be ANYTHING. it's awesome.

Good haul. I'm sure you will find the ring you are after.

Back
Top Bottom