• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

My First Silver!

Barefoot

Elite Member
I wanted to get in some detecting today before the weather turns cold and was blessed with my first silver find! It is a 1935 quarter :D. I also found 5 wheats... a 1935, 1940S, 1941, 1942, and a 1958D. A couple spoons (plated) and a pocket knife. I guess that's not too bad for a couple hours.
The more I'm out there the more I learn. I had a funny thing happen today on my hunt. I got a good signal and it looked as though it was going to be a penny. I dug the signal and it disappeared! I checked the plug... nope not there... I checked the hole... not there either. I couldn't figure out where it went...:?: until I picked up my shovel. There it was... a wheat penny stuck to the dirt on my shovel. Lesson learned... when you lose the signal... check your shovel.:lol: Have any of you had this happen to you? Man... I love this hobby!

Attachments

• 5 Nov 2019 Finds.jpg
    5 Nov 2019 Finds.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Huge congrats for that first silver! And a quarter! Must have felt great! Woo hoo!!

Pretty funny the disappearing shovel coin. Haven't had that happen, but I've heard it once before [emoji28]

Congrats again!

Congratz on your first silver. Pretty soon it will be your first gold coin. Bucket-listers will fly by! Within a few years, any gold coin newer than 1850 will bore you to tears :cool3:

Nice job uncovering your first silver quarter! :woot:

I've had missing signals before; but never, to my knowledge, had a coin stuck to the shovel... now I'm wondering if I've missed a find or two that way. :lol: Thanks for the tip - always check the shovel!

Back
Top Bottom