I did it! 10th Gold this year, and 60 gold rings lifetime! 5 dozenth! Woot!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
A month ago, I was looking at wheelchairs, and thanks to a fantastic Doctor willing to research new things for me, I got onto a new low-dose protocol of Naltrexone (LDN Protocol) for my neuropathy. It's truly amazing. It took away most of the pain, and put me back to where I was about 6 months ago. I'm getting out about once a week again, metal detecting, and haven't been disappointed.

My last three hunts, I found 3 rings, 4 rings, and then 1 ring tonight. But aside from a tungsten ring in the second hunt, there wasn't anything interesting...

But tonight... WOOT!!

I pulled a 2 gram 18K out of an elementary school tot-lot. The thing had me fooled the whole time I was hunting. It just looks like a beat up kids ring... but I wondered the whole time, if it was more because it just felt too "heavy" for an aluminum ring of the same kind.

So... Only one thing to do! Test test test! I was happily surprised at the 10K pass, 14K pass had me over the moon, and I did 18K and 22K together. The 22K held for almost 5 minutes before going away. I think it's probably higher than 18K, but just less than 22K. Assuming foreign gold.

The fact it came at EXACTLY 2.0 grams was awesome!!

And this is my 5 dozenth gold ring!! woot!! 4 years in a row that I've double digited gold rings in the dirt. :) Love it!

Maybe I can pull one more this year. :)

Skippy

EDIT: Thank you all for rooting for my recovery. It gave me great comfort to read your words, when I was down and out... I really do appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_1990.jpg
    IMG_1990.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
It is good to see that you are out and about. May your health continue to improve! Congrats on your gold ring count. I have average one gold item per year the last 3 years.

It is good to see that you are out and about. May your health continue to improve! Congrats on your gold ring count. I have average one gold item per year the last 3 years.

Most folks around here, say the same. I'm not sure what it is, but I think most of them are clad hunters, and actually skip penny signals and trashy signals. This leaves a lot of gold in the ground for those willing to dig up the non-dime and quarters beeps. It can make for lots of trashy days, but it seems to pay off for me, to never skip signals that might be good.

Skippy

Back
Top Bottom