Real estate signs?

JOFO17

I was wondering if anyone has tried contacting a real estate or leasing agency when they see a "for lease" sign out in front of an empty farm field? I have tried e-mailing and leaving voice mails with a few different agents, but have yet to get any to respond. It's making me thing as soon as I mention I am not looking to lease my message just gets deleted. Maybe I need to just keep calling until I get an actual person on the phone?

I've tried stuff like that. Even when I get in touch with a leasing agent over the phone they usually just laugh at me. It never goes anywhere. It would be best to use a town GIS site to locate the actual owner of the property. That would include the owners address where you could send a letter or go in person (Although letters have never worked for me either).

Ya the agents care about 1 thing and 1 thing only. SELLING.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I have with some results. I have contacted a number of real estate agents but my best success was with a Sotheby’s real estate agency. Sotheby’s is the internationally recognized auction house famous for rare and extremely valuable items.

Well they also have a real estate business and only accept $1M and up homes. I dropped by the local office and spent some time with the agent and I have been permitted to hunt a number of their listings which great results. One property sold for $2.7M and was 163 years old. I found some very nice coins and a silver spoon and a silver salt shaker.

However my best success in this arena comes from contacting the owners directly and volunteering to look for lost items. Recently I returned a 107 year old ring to the granddaughter of the original owner.

I have in the distant past, and I have always gotten the N word. They have no incentive to say yes. On the other hand, they have no incentive to care ... JMHO of course :)

Most real estate agents do not have the authority to give permission for you to be on the property for any other reason than visiting to possibly make a purchase. The owner is the only one who has the authority for you to be allowed to detect.

I never asked the agents for permission. I just ask them for the owners contact info, or for the agent to pass my info to the owners.

Which is EXACTLY why I need to get their OK to go look for those property marker stakes with my metal detector ! :roll:

Exactly right, Tom! I've had success saying that I am interested in the property (true) and politely asking permission to use my detector to inspect lots for boundary markers, utility hookups and the like (also true).

Back
Top Bottom