Christmas Present

Numil

Elite Member
Long story short, my wife loves opals and prefers them to diamonds. About a month ago I dug my first opal ring detecting the wet sands of Oahu. Problem is the opal was set in sterling silver and from time to time she has issues with silver as it can make her break out in a rash on her ring finger. Guess those are the silver rings that have nickle added to them.

So the opal I found was good size and she really like it but wouldn't wear it due to the silver setting. Light bulb moment. I take the ring to a jeweler and we talk deal about getting the opal set in 14K gold. He gives me full scrap value for the gold I've found over the summer as long as I purchase the services to re-set the opal in gold. Didn't cost me any cash up front and walked away with $650 I didn't have when I walked in. Two weeks later I get the call the ring is done! Pics below and I was stunned as everything turned out a lot better that I ever anticipated. I think she's gonna have a pretty good Christmas.

Thanks for looking...

Attachments

• in the rough.jpg
    in the rough.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 470
  • Plat and Opal.jpg
    Plat and Opal.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 497
  • RIng 14k.jpg
    RIng 14k.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 472
  • RIng 14Ka.jpg
    RIng 14Ka.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 478
What a lovely and thoughtful gift for your wife! I think she will enjoy it very much. :D

The ladies love a thought out gift..... throwing a toaster at them for Christmas.... we well all know how that goes..... as we are standing there saying.... WHAT WHAT?:laughing: Romance is a big seller during the holidays.

:dingding: The setting you got for it was a much more beautiful ugrade for that terrific stone. Nicely done!

:dingding: The setting you got for it was a much more beautiful ugrade for that terrific stone. Nicely done!
Congrats on the awesome opal find. A nice opal is on my bucket list. :yes: I know that you had to switch to gold but I think that the original design in silver is stunning! :wow: Thanks for getting the wheels turning in my head for a unique and "free" Christmas gift for the wife! :yes:

Long story short, my wife loves opals and prefers them to diamonds.
WoW!!! :shock::shock::shock: Simply magnificent! I saw the photo and was already getting ready to shoot you a PM about the stone, but you did what I would have done and reset it. So beautiful!!

Nice one Numil, that should give you some creditpoints when its time for another detector or so :yes:

Found my wife a nice 1 carat emerald 18k with ice ring this year. Emerald was on top of my list! Never thought about opal, but thats now on top 🙂

That's got to be the most beautiful Opal ring set in gold I have ever seen .Your jeweler
is a master artisan . Awesome gift , no doubt that your wife is going to be thrilled. Enjoy the love !

Back
Top Bottom